WWE Money in the Bank PPV News & Notes 6/19
– Dean Ambrose is the new WWE World Hvt. champion coming out of MITB.
Ambrose won the MITB ladder match, then cashed in on Seth Rollins, who pinned Roman Reigns in the main event to win the WWE World Title.
Ambrose closed the PPV celebrating the title, while the former titleholders on the same night, Reigns and Rollins, watched in disbelief.
– A.J. Styles beat John Cena in Match #1 of their presumed series. Styles got help from The Club (Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows) after a ref bump late in the match.
– No other titles changed hands. The New Day retained the WWE Tag Titles in a four-team opener and Rusev retained the U.S. Title over Titus O’Neil in the semi-main event.
– Natalya turned on Becky Lynch after they lost a tag match to Women’s champion Charlotte and Dana Brooke. Natalya sold being frustrated by the loss, then she took our her anger on Becky. In a post-match interview, Becky sold being unable to process the events.
– Kevin Owens talked to Tom Phillips after his MITB ladder match about being so close to winning the briefcase, vowing to become WWE champion at some point.