Arena Reports 9/26 DGUSA results in Milwaukee: Second detailed report on Bryan Danielson's final indep. match & post-match promo, Ricochet continues 2010 rise, traditional Dragon Gate six-man tag
Sep 26, 2010 - 10:06:58 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
Dragon Gate USA show results
September 26, 2010
Report by Luke Fleeman Martinez, PWTorch VIP member
Tonight's show in Milwaukee was a very strong, fast-paced show. Due to the late start after the ring issues, there was no intermission and some of the matches were not too long, but it was still an outstanding show.
(1) CIMA defeated Chuck Taylor in a Warriors International invitational match. There were some very good comedy spots in this match, and the crowd was very excited after the long (two-hour) wait outside. No word on whether Taylor will be added to the stable, but Johnny Gargano came out and continued his appeal to CIMA to join the stable with his improved attitude.
(2) Johnny Gargano defeated Drake Younger. On Saturday, Gargano tossed Younger like a lawn dart into the barricades, hardway busting him open, and this was the revenge match. It was a good match, but the crowd had burned a little too hot initially and slowed down some.
(3) Brodie Lee defeated Jimmy Jacobs, Kyle O'Reilly, Silas Young, Mike Quackenbush, and Rich Swann in a Six-Pack match. This was a great DGUSA "freestyle" match where six independent wrestlers went crazy with insane spots on each other. A very fun match, and the finish continued to build up Brodie Lee as DGUSA's American Monster.
(4) Dragon Kid defeated Arik Cannon. This match was a little flat, but totally watchable. It just seemed to be a little last moment; originally, Mike Quackenbush was scheduled to face Kid.
(5) Ricochet defeated Gran Akuma. Ricochet continued his meteoric rise in DGUSA with a nice victory over Akuma. They matched up well, although a few spots were missed (as is prone to happen with so much speed and action). CIMA and Dragon Kid were at ringside to encourage their new stablemate.
(6) Bryan Danielson defeated Jon Moxley via submission. This was an all-out brawl that spilled through the crowd. Moxley continued his strong heel showing by slapping around his valet and antagonizing the crowd against the very very popular Bryan Danielson. Danielson and Moxley really beat on each other, and Danielson got in all of his signature spots. Danielson won with his WWE finisher, the LeBell Lock.
After the match, Moxley and his stablemate in Kamikaze USA, Gran Akuma, attacked Danielson before Jimmy Jacobs made the save. Danielson bladed during the match and took some big bumps outside the ring, leading to him joking on the post-match promo that he might get fired on Monday. He put over DGUSA, the crowd, and Jimmy Jacobs.
(7) Kamikaze USA (Akira Tozawa & Shingo & YAMATO) defeated World One (Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino & DGUSA champion BxB Hulk) in an amazing six-man tag match. There was a lot of interference or attempted interference early, with referee Bryce Remsburg working to keep everyone separated. Shingo was super over with the crowd, as was Naruki Doi. This match was absolutely incredible, a prototype of the innovation and excitement that Dragon Gate's six-man tag offers. After the match, Shingo held the Freedom Gate title over the fallen BxB Hulk, and bellowed, suggesting he was coming to get it.
Overall, this was a very good show with a lot of excitement. The story on the ring not arriving for the show before a replacement ring was found filtered out to the crowd. The rumor was that Larry Sweeney was supposed to provide the ring, but was beaten up in a club last night after the Chicago show. Not only was he hospitalized and unable to provide the ring, but his teeth were all knocked out. This was the interesting news the crowd was discussing before and after the show.
[Torch art credit Marco D'Alfonso (c) PWTorch.com]
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**