Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 2/8 WWE in San Jose, Calif.: Orton beats Cena in a cage again, Mysterio in San Jose instead of San Diego, Miz gets some "Bad News," more
Feb 9, 2014 - 2:30:04 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE Live show results
February 8, 2014
San Jose, Calif. at the SAP Center
Report by VIP member Brandon Tanguma
A good crowd around 6,000-7,000. The lower bowl was about 80 percent full. About the same as Oakland on Friday with a lot of families, but they were much more vocal.
(1) IC champion Big E. Langston beat Ryback and Fandango via pinfall in a triple threat match to retain the Intercontinental Championship. Langston and Ryback had a test of strength early in the match, but Fandango interrupted, which led to them double-teaming Langston for the majority of the match. Langston was covering Ryback when Fandango went for a leg drop off the top rope, and then Langston moved and hit a Big Ending on Fandango for the win.
(2) Curtis Axel beat Zack Ryder via pinfall. The crowd was not really into this match, only when Ryder did the "Woo Woo" bit. Ryder went for a Rough Ryder, but Axel counted into a powerbomb. He then hit his finisher for the win.
The crowd had the choice between a Divas Dance-off or a match between Aksana and Cameron; they voted for the match.
(3) Cameron beat Aksana (w/Alicia Fox) via pinfall. When the match started, Aksana began to stretch. After she took forever, Cameron attacked her. A decent back and forth Divas match with Cameron beating Aksana with her finisher.
After the match, Fox and Aksana attacked Cameron and everyone was waiting for someone to do a run-in, but Cameron escaped and hit a double clothesline on both of them to clear the ring.
The Real Americans (with Zeb Colter) made their entrance. Zeb said their partner will be Alberto Del Rio and even though they don't like each other, they have to work together to win. Zeb then started talking about immigrants and asked the crowd to stop booing him, which drew mega-heat. Mark Henry and Xavier Woods made their entrance and then Rey Mysterio came out. Rey got the second biggest pop of the night behind John Cena.
(4) Rey Mysterio & Mark Henry & Xavier Woods beat Alberto Del Rio & The Real Americans (Antonio Cesaro & Jack Swagger w/Zeb Colter) via pinfall in a six-man tag team match. Mysterio and Del Rio started the match. Del Rio offered to shake hands, but Mysterio wasn't buying it, so he kicked Del Rio. Woods took most of the punishment during the match, then he made the hot tag to Mysterio, who delivered a 619 to Swagger. Rey then tagged in Henry, who hit a World's Strongest Slam for the win. After the match, Woods, Mysterio, and Henry danced a little bit, which led to intermission.
(5) Darren Young beat Titus O'Neil via pinfall. Decent match. Titus tried to walk out early in the match, but Young tracked him down and fought him on the outside. Titus then started to control the match and when he went for a kick, Young dodged it and won with a roll-up.
Wade Barrett came out and started giving "bad news" that San Jose sucks and England is much better. Then, Miz gave a "USA" promo and the match started.
(6) Bad News Barrett beat The Miz via pinfall. A lot of "USA" chants during this match. For the finish, Miz jumped off the top rope, but Barrett hit a Bullhammer Elbow for the victory.
(7) WWE World Hvt. champion Randy Orton beat John Cena in a Steel Cage match to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Best match of the night, mostly because of how into the match the crowd was. The crowd popped huge for the nearfall especially when Cena hit an AA and Orton kicked out. Orton won with a low blow and escaped through the cage door for the victory.
After the match, Orton poured water on himself and started cursing and throwing a temper tantrum by swinging the titles repeatedly into the steps. He then grabbed a chair to hit Cena, but he dodged it and hit an AA to send the crowd home happy.
Overall, it was a good house show. I thought it was better than the Oakland show on Friday night, mainly because of the crowd. It was nice to see that they changed the line-up a little bit between the two shows because Oakland and San Jose are only 45 minutes apart from each other.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**