Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 3/12 WWE NXT in Largo, Fla.: Neville vs. Corbin main event, Owens does not wrestle, NXT tag champs, more
Mar 12, 2015 - 8:54:52 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
NXT Live show results
March 12, 2015
Largo, Florida at Minnreg Hall
Report by Zachary Millian, PWTorch reader
Ring announcer Dasha kicked off the show bringing out Corey Graves who talked about being back in Florida and fired up the crowd.
Enzo Amore and Big Cass opened the show with their normal routine. "Sawft" is over huge with the crowd. Bull Dempsey disagrees.
(1) Cassady beat Bull Dempsey with an elbow after his running big boot. Basic match. The crowd was into it, though.
(2) Jack Gable beat Mike Rollis (?) via submission with a cross arm-breaker. Didn't know who either of these guys were and neither did the crowd really, but according to a guy sitting next time, Gable won the NCAA championship for amateur wrestling. The match was decent with Gable showing a lot of promise.
Adrian Neville was introduced next to a nice pop dressed in his gear for a promo. He talked about "what's next for Adrian Neville." He said he wants to regain the NXT championship. Baron Corbin interrupted to a good pop, especially with the ladies. Baron reminded Neville that he didn't beat him fairly because of Bull Dempsey. Neville said that they can settle it tonight, but Baron turned his back and walked away. He's playing a bit of a heel now it looks like. But as our host Greg would come out to tell us, Baron accepts and that's the main event.
(3) Becky Lynch & Dana Brooke beat Alexa Bliss & Devin Taylor in a Divas tag when Lynch made Bliss tap with a modified armbar. The crowd was a little quiet at first, but the finishing sequence got them going.
(4) Hideo Itami beat Tyler Breeze with the running kick. Fun match with Hideo mocking Breeze in the beginning taking selfies on the turnbuckle with Breeze's phone. The crowd was pretty split chanting for both Breeze and Itami respectively.
Solomon Crowe made his was out for a match. C.J. Parker then started a promo talking about how there wouldn't be a match, showing only a sign in front of the curtain. But, out of nowhere he attacked Crowe from behind in the ring, which drew a pop from the crowd. He hit Crowe with the third eye Palm strike and told the ref to roll him out of the ring. C.J. started to cut another promo when his mic got cut out. Crowe then rolled back into the ring, ready to compete.
(5) Solomon Crowe beat C.J. Parker via submission with his Brock Lock. I'm glad to see him use that move instead of his slingshot splash because it doesn't look very impactful. Good match with Parker dominating most of it and Crowe making the comeback to finish it.
(6) Bayley beat Carmella with the Bayley-to-belly. Good match. They played to the crowd for the most part with a pretty decent response.
Greg introduced this insanely jacked guy named Hugo Knocks for an interview, but he danced his way in and out of the ring without saying anything. Very strange.
(7) NXT tag champs Blake & Murphy beat Tucker Knight & Sawyer Fulton with their suplex frog splash combo. Blake and Murphy were over and played the babyfaces very well here. Knight and Fulton could be a pretty good heel tag team if given the opportunity.
According to Dasha, it's time for the main event.
(8) Baron Corbin beat Adrian Neville, to my surprise, with the end of days. Great back and forth match, definitely the best showing from Corbin I've seen yet.
Immediately after the match, Kevin Owens's music hit to a big pop. He stared Corbin down and the crowd cheered for him - "Fight Owens Fight." Owens got on the apron, feigned going into the ring, raised his title, and left shaking his head saying "not tonight."
Pretty good show overall. I, along with most of the crowd I'd say, was pretty disappointed to not see Owens or Finn Balor compete. But other then that the show delivered in the ring.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**