PPV REPORTS 8/24 WWE SummerSlam PPV: Ongoing "virtual time" results of live event
Aug 24, 2003 - 9:12:00 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
By Wade Keller, Torch editor
SummerSlam PPV review
August 24, 2003
Live from Phoenix, Ariz.
The results of SummerSlam will be posted below as the event takes place. My detailed VIP Express "virtual time" coverage of SummerSlam is being posted right now at the VIP members-only website (PWTorch.com/members). That report, along with the Torch Staff Roundtable scores and reviews on SummerSlam will be also emailed to Torch VIP Email Express subscribers. There will also be an Audio Roundtable after the event with Torch staff discussion on the event - available only at PWTorch.com/members for Torch Subscribers.
(1) La Resistance beat The Dudleys when the new La Resistance associate attacked D-Von with a camera.
Eric Bischoff said he'd reveal later what happened with he and Linda after the cameras stopped rolling last week on Raw.
(2) Undertaker pinned A-Train (w/Sable) in 9:00. Not good. Afterward, Sable stopped Taker from continuing to beat on Train. Steph came out and attacked Sable. Train yanked Sable out of the ring.
(3) Shane McMahon pinned Eric Bischoff in 10:00. Johnathan Coachman turned heel and helped Bischoff beat on Shane. Steve Austin evened the odds. Austin and Shane gave a stiff beating to Coachman in the corner with kicks, then threw him out of the ring. Coachman was a wet sack of cement in there. Shane then dove off the top rope onto Bischoff on the Spanish table for the win.
(4) Eddie Guerrero retained the U.S. Title against Rhyno, Chris Benoit, and Tajiri in 11:00 after using the title belt to block a Gore. Good match.
(5) Kurt Angle beat Brock Lesnar via tapout in 22:00 to retain the WWE Hvt. Title. Vince interfered with a chair, but Angle kicked out after an F5 and then applied the Anklelock. Great match.
(6) Kane pinned RVD in 13:00 after a tombstone on the stairs at ringside. Decent match. About what you'd expect.
Linda McMahon slapped Bischff backstage as Bischoff was holding an icepack against his face.
(7) Elimination Chamber: Nash was the first eliminated in 8:00 after Michaels superkicked him and Jericho bridged into a pin. Michaels superkicked Hunter as soon as he entered the match. Hunter went down and didn't getup. Nash then Jackknifed Jericho, Michaels, and Orton. Goldberg entered the match and finished off those three with Jackhammers. That left Hunter vs. Goldberg. Goldberg broke into the chamber that Hunter was hiding out inside during the entire match after being kicked by Michaels. Goldberg manhandled Hunter, but Hunter blocked a Spear attempt with his sledgehammer to score the win in 21:00. Afterward, Evolution triple-teamed Goldberg and handcuffed him to the cage.
Let us know what you thought of the event! Send your name, hometown, 1-10 score, picks for best and worst matches, and brief comments on the show to PPVfeedback@pwtorch.com.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**