WWE News 5/22 WWE in Baltimore: Complete results of Smackdown taping, One Night Stand addition
May 22, 2007 - 10:07:00 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE Smackdown/ECW House Show Report
May 22, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
Report by Stevie J., PWTorch VIP Member
SD Titantron shows WM23 highlights.
Tony Chimel introduces Smackdown.
(1) Chuck Palumbo defeated Shawn Daivari. Daivari has an Arab head dress on and is cutting a promo in Farsi. Chuck Palumbo rides out on a motorcycle to interrupt. Palumbo wins after 4-5 minutes with a slam and a pin then rides his hog out. He got a pretty good reaction; Daivari got good heat.
JBL and Michael Cole arrive. Chimel sets us up to show signs. SD opens and we are underway!
Edge music and promo with pyros to start. He promises to usher in a "Rated R" era. Teddy Long comes out to make a four-way for no. 1 contender at One Night Stand. Mark Henry, Kane, Batista, and Finlay. One Night Stand match will be in a steel cage 15 feet high!
(1) Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeated William Regal & Dave Taylor via DQ. Deuce and Domino come out to the ramp to watch. Kendrick gets beat up by Taylor and thrown out. He and Regal make quick tags to continue the rudo beatdown. Kendrick hits SB#2 and tags. London goes top rope, Deuce & Domino push him off for the DQ. KLC win. Brawl outside afterwards. Huge boos for Deuce & Domino as they leave. Good pop for KLC.
Hornswaggle gets chased by Edge backstage because he stole Edge's belt. Finlay stops him and says you can have this back... for now!
Jillian comes out to sing "Jillatonic." She stinks! Boogeyman interrupts. She tries to flee, but a diva throws her back in. She tries again and Lil Boogey blocks. They both put worms on her and she flees in horror.
Back in his office, Teddy Long officially welcomes Vickie Guerrero as his new assistant. She is thrilled and so is Kristal.
(2) Matt Hardy defeated The Miz. Miz works an arm and the crowd is tepid with excitement. Hardy gets several good pops nonetheless. Miz finally gets some heat for pulling his hair for a head slam. Miz hits a neckbreaker and poses. Matt fights back with punches. Clothesline in the corner. 2 count. Scoop slam and top rope elbow. Miz blocks a twist of fate. Hardy gets the Side Effect for two, then Twist of Fate for three! Big pop! Matt leaves holding his belt in one hand and his head in the other, and then bows to the crowd.
Mark Henry does a Titantron promo and declares himself king of the jungle. He vows to win the four-way and promises he will show us just how vicious a silverback gorilla can be at One Night Stand!
Balloon displays and a podium are brought out presumably for MVP. Balloons form two arches on the ramp and the podium is in the ring. MVP rides down to the ring in a convertible drop top like the king of the prom. He gets a pyro on the ramp and sparklers in the ring. MVP cuts a promo and says he proved he was worth every penny, and that Benoit should come out to make the celebration complete. Benoit comes out. MVP demands a handshake and Benoit gives it to him. He also demands Chris raise his hand to declare him the future and Benoit the past. MVP gets in his face and Chris gets fed up! He unleashes German suplexes and chops. MVP flees the ring and glares as Benoit poses.
On the Titantron, Kane promises the four-way will be fatal for his opponents, and One Night Stand will be Edge's last stand. A promo package for WWE 24/7 follows as the lights are dimmed to the strains of Van Halen's classic "Right Now".
(3) Chavo Guerrero defeated Jimmy Wang Yang as the lights come back up. Babyface beats up the heel to start and the crowd is pin drop quiet. Chavo dropkicks Yang in the knees as he goes top rope for a li'l heat. Chavo works him over, but Yang comes back with chops. Chavo applies a half crab and Yang gets to the ropes. Chavo goes for it again but Yang breaks again. They're not booing this, but almost no one is cheering and it's a shame. Backslide by Yang for two and a headkick followed by clotheslines and a high back bodydrop. Chavo kicks the knee again and does Eddie's rolling suplexes. Chavo goes top rope for frogsplash and is cut off. They fight over a superplex and fall off into a roll up by Yang for three. Yang wins but it's non title. Chavo retains, clutching the belt like it's his most cherished possession.
Batista is on the Titantron with Kristal. He says one guy loves to fight, one is king of the jungle, and one wants fatality - but it won't be fatal-four him!
Edge out first for fatal four- way to huge boos.
(4) Edge won a Fatal Four-Way over Kane and Finlay and Mark Henry. Batista is out first for the four-way, followed in order by Kane, Finlay, and Henry is last. The whole arena smells like smoke from all the pyros. Big babyface pop for Batista. Kane and Finlay to start. Batista and Henry in when they spill out. Finlay jumps on Henry's back, but Henry finally throws him over. Cluster in the ring. Side slam by Kane on Batista. Batista top rope press on Henry for 2 count. Batista suplexes Finlay off the ropes. Henry bodysplashes them. Kane hits boots and goes for chokeslam, turns into a punch fight. Kane with boot, Batista clotheslines. Henry powerbombs Kane. Henry scoops Batista for the strong slam but gets 2 count. Cluster again and Finlay hits everyone with the shillelagh! Little Bastard in and Batista spears Finlay so Little Bastard runs away. Big demon bomb by Batista on Finlay for the 1 2 3. Batista is the new No. 1 contender!
Batista stares down Edge, who is sitting at announcer's table and leaves, getting big pops the whole time.
(1) After Smackdown ended, the dark match was Daniel Rodimer (as Dan Rodman, 309 lbs from Clearwater, Fla.) over Funaki in a squash that went way too long and got no heat. Negative heat for Rodman.
The ringside and ramp looked pretty full, camera side seemed two-thirds taped off.
QUICK TIPS FOR SENDING RESULTS
If you attend an arena event in future, either house shows or TV tapings, we encourage you to send us a report for publication. You can direct your reports to "matchresults06" (@pwtorch. com).
We accept reports in any format, but if it's not much trouble, please format your report like you see above, with the matches numbered like this (1) , (2) , (3) , with the opening line of each match paragraph stating who beat whom (don't just say Wrestler A vs. Wrestler beat with the result listed later; instead, state up front who won so those readers who don't have time to read the entire report (i. e. their boss walks past their cubicle all the time looking beat their shoulder) can at least quickly assess the results.
Also, please list tag teams using the "&" symbol as opposed to stating "and. " Reserve use of " and" when listing results in a three-way or four-way match where there are no teams (i. e. " Wrestler A beat Wrestler B and Wrestler C in a three-way match" ) so it is easy to differentiate a handicap match from a three-way match.
If you know HTML coding for bolding, you can also bold out the first line of each match description. If you don't know HTML symbols, then we can add those ourselves.
Special thanks to everyone who helps us with reports on live events!
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**