WWE News WWE News: Smackdown SPOILERS 9/21 - Full results for Friday's Smackdown show
Sep 21, 2012 - 7:00:04 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
Check back tonight for PWTorch columnist Greg Parks's full Smackdown TV report...
WWE Smackdown TV taping results
September 18, 2012
Results submitted by Joe, PWTorch correspondent
Smackdown SPOILERS 9/21
- As the show opened, Lilian Garcia introduced the Rated-R Superstar Edge! I was surprised to see Edge back after hearing his contract expired. Edge started by talking about the broad street bullies and his retirement and how much he misses being here. He plugged his appearance on Syfy's Haven and turned our attention to the Titantron, which featured last night's confrontation between Kane and D-Bry. Suddenly, Daniel Bryan's music hit, which was hard to hear over the loud Yes! chants. D-Bry then went on to start shouting, "I'm the tag team champions!" multiple times. He continued to hype himself up by explaining to Edge that he is "one with his emotions." Edge questioned him actually being in control of himself. Bryan started talking about Edge's relationship with Vickie, then Edge's theme music. Bryan told Edge to go back to acting and retirement and how no one could make him snap.
Bryan got into a "No! / Yes!" argument with Edge as the crowd chimed in and then... BOOM! Out came Kane. Bryan and Kane then began to argue over who is the tag team champions until Edge interrupted. Kane and Bryan replied, "Edge, calm down." Edge said that Kane is not "Barney to the big red dinosaur" and talked about Edge and Kane's history. Kane said he needed to rectify that situation and offered Edge a hug... Edge looked around in confusion and Kane finally hugged him. Bryan then started chanting "No!" loudly and Edge and Kane offered Bryan to join the hug, but then Damien Sandow interrupted. Sandow talked (in big words) about how this was a complete abomination. Edge finally told Sandow to shut up and said he would rather watch Kane and Bryan hug. Kane and Bryan then argued in the ring until Booker T interrupted on the screen and announced Sandow would face Kane next!
(1) Damien Sandow beat WWE tag champion Kane. Kane looked like he was going to hit Sandow with the chokeslam until Bryan distracted him, in which Sandow took advantage of and hit Kane with his finisher for the pin and the win.
Still to come... Sheamus & Orton vs. Ziggler & Del Rio.
Kane was then shown on the screen throwing a fit backstage looking for Bryan. Kane ran into Dr. Shelby, who told him that he's going to "tear that goat-faced beard off his face!" Bryan interrupted and they got into another argument. Shelby interrupted and resolved the situation. Shelby also said he would talk to Booker T and get him to put Bryan in a match tonight, to Kane's delight.
Del Rio was shown talking to Booker T in his office. More conflict over the Brogue Kick. Del Rio said it was unfair to un-ban it right before the match. Booker said Del Rio would have to earn another shot in the main event tag match tonight. Del Rio then stormed off.
Back to the arena, Lillian introduced Eve. She sat down at the announce table for the next match. Natalya vs Layla is next...
(2) Layla beat Natalya with the Lay-out. Real quick match. No interference from Eve.
For some odd reason, the main event match was up very early. I don't know if this is just part of the taping, but there was supposed to be a Bryan match.
(3) World Hvt. champion Sheamus & Randy Orton beat Alberto Del Rio & Dolph Ziggler. Good tag team match. Best I've seen in a while on Smackdown.
No cash-in from Ziggler here. People actually started to leave, thinking it was the end of the show. Bryan and Rhodes are scheduled for a singles match next.
(4) Cody Rhodes beat WWE tag champion Daniel Bryan with the Cross Rhodes. Bryan was about to apply the No! Lock until Kane interrupted. The distraction gave Rhodes the chance to reverse Bryan and hit the Cross Rhodes for the pin and win.
The Disco Ball was then dropped and the Funkasaurus is up next...
Meanwhile, Bryan was shown backstage looking for Kane. Kane came up to him and told him he did nothing wrong. Kane said he just did what Bryan did to him. Bryan and Kane then traded insults until they stopped and looked at Rhodes and Sandow staring at them. Rhodes said their team is a joke. Kane sent out the challenge for Rhodes and Sandow to face them. They then walked away as Kane and Bryan argued over who they were scared of more. Heath Slater and Clay are due up next...
(5) Brodus Clay beat Heath Slater via DQ. Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre came out and attacked Clay with Slater. All the guys hit their finishers including Drew hitting his twice after a terrible botch. A new team is on the horizon...
Apparently, Rhodes and Sandow accepted Bryan and Kane's challenge and that match is tonight. Santino vs. Antonio Cesaro is next.
(6) Santino beat U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro in a non-title match with a roll-up. Aksana fell in the ring reaching for the Cobra, which distracted Cesaro. He was rolled up from behind and Santino got the 1-2-3! Cesaro then broke up with Aksana in five different languages.
The Usos, Prime Time Players, and Kidd & Gabriel came out and set up on different sides of the ring. I guess this is a lumberjack tag team match? Sandow, Rhodes, and Kane & Bryan then made their way to the ring.
(7) WWE tag champions Kane & Daniel Bryan beat Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow via DQ after Rhodes hit Kane with a chair. Kane then received help from Bryan and hit Rhodes with the chair. Bryan and Kane then used chairs and repeatedly beat Sandow with them.
They then beat down all the tag teams around the ring. Once again, the team bickered over who exactly was the tag team champions. End of Taping.
Notes: No post-taping dark match, which was advertised, and a lot of people were confused by this and frustrated about Ziggler not cashing in. Pretty decent show, but the whole "main event goes first" thing was pretty odd. Overall, I give this show a 6.5.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**