WWE News WWE NEWS: Tough Enough update - background on three of the male finalists
Jun 13, 2015 - 2:09:54 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor
Some background on three of the male finalists for Tough Enough:
- The Denver Post profiled former college football player Joshua Bredl, who was a defensive lineman at CSU-Pueblo. Bredl fits the mold of a big-man wrestler, checking in at 6'8", 275 pounds. [ Article HERE ]
- The Telegraph newspaper in Georgia profiled former college football player Hank Avery, Jr., who played college football at Mercer. Avery also played on the d-line, checking in at 6'4", 270 pounds. [ Article HERE ]
- Maryland Championship Wrestling released a profile on finalist Patrick Clark, a 19-year-old out of Washington, D.C. who has been in the wrestling business for one year. MCW noted that Clark got his start by signing up for a beginner's class at the MCW training center in June 2014.
“He is a naturally gifted athlete; he has the heart of a champion. He does not know the meaning of the word quit and I believe in my heart without any doubt that he has a real chance to win the whole thing," said MCW Hvt. champion The Bruiser. Notably, the next MCW Training Center beginner's class starts on Tuesday, June 23, the day of the Tough Enough premiere. [ More Info on MCW HERE ]
*** June 12 Report ***
WWE has wrapped up their three-day Tough Enough mini-camp and set the final 13 contestants for the new season of Tough Enough.
Notably, former NFL player Kahlil Bell did not make the cut. However, former college football player Joshua Bredl did make the cut...
(1) Alexander Frekey, Dallas
(2) Amanda Saccomanno, Yorktown Heights, N.Y.
(3) Daria Berenato, Los Angeles
(4) Dianna Dahlgren, Spokane, Wash.
(5) Gabi Castrovinci, Southington, Conn.
(6) Giorgia Piscina, Brisbane, Australia
(7) Hank Avery Jr., Macon, Ga.
(8) Joshua Bredl, Thornton, Colo.
(9) Mada Abdel Hamid, Los Angeles
(10) Patrick Clark, Jr., Washington, D.C.
(11) Sara Lee, Hope, Mich.
(12) Tanner Saraceno, Boiling Springs, S.C.
(13) Zamariah “ZZ” Loupe, Bayou Bluff, La.
The finalists will now live in the Tough Enough House for the reality competition show, which kicks off Tuesday, June 23.
WWE will eventually reduce the field to one male and one female winner of a one-year WWE contract.
The Tough Enough 40
- (eliminated 6/10) "Big O" Adam Ohriner, Long Island, N.Y.
Alexander Frekey, Dallas
- (eliminated 6/11) Alexander Galizia, Springfield, Mass.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**