SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE announced Friday (May 6) several roster cuts.
– On Friday afternoon, WWE announced Damien Sandow has been released.
Sandow was brought back to TV last week to be fed to Baron Corbin on the way out. Sandow got one of the best reactions of the night from the live crowd.
– WWE later added King Barrett to the list of roster cuts following his announcement.
– Santino Marella headlines the list of roster cuts.
– Cameron, who was a tag partner with Naomi and appeared on “Total Divas.”
– Alex Riley, who had been off and on the NXT show and recently picked a social media fight with new NXT stars.
– Hornswoggle, who was suspended for a Wellness Policy violation in 2015 and did not return to TV.
– El Torito, who has not been featured since WWE took Los Matadores off TV to re-package them as Primo & Epico.
– Zeb Colter (Dutch Mantell), who briefly returned to WWE TV last year to reintroduce Alberto Del Rio. WWE did not have another role for him after Del Rio broke away to be part of League of Nations.