Arena Reports 12/5 WWE results in Bowling Green, Ky.: Second detailed report on "Juan Cena" and Nexus angle, Daniel Bryan, Swagger
Dec 5, 2010 - 11:31:33 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE house show report
December 5, 2010
Bowling Green, Ky.
Report by Brian Harwood, WBGN Beatdown reporter
WGBN Beatdown can be heard on 1340wbgn.com on Sunday nights from 9:00-11:00 p.m. CST.
The house show crowd was estimated at about 4,000 fans.
(1) Mark Henry beat Jack Swagger. Henry got the second or third loudest pop of the night as the first babyface out with his "arms up, arms down" gimmick to get the crowd into it. Swagger had Henry in the Anklelock until Henry broke it and came back with a powerslam to defeat Swagger.
As Henry walked up the aisle, Nexus members Husky Harris, Michael McGillicutty, and David Otunga attacked Henry and then the Nexus cut a promo in the ring. McGillicutty referred to Nexus taking over the show as "Southern Justice" and insulted the crowd. Husky Harris, a former college football player from Troy University, insulted Western Kentucky and how Troy beat WKU in college football. Good promo.
(2) Tyson Kidd beat Yoshi Tatsu via submission. Before the match, the Raw GM's email noise came blaring in, and the GM wanted Kidd and Tatsu to have a dance-off, which Tatsu won. However, Kidd won the match when Tatsu submitted to the sharpshooter. Tatsu had some good chops, which got the crowd to go "Whooo!"
(3) Jackson Andrews beat JTG. Andrews was billed as seven-feet tall and 325 pounds, a Matt Morgan lookalike. Andrews's offense consisted of a side suplex, several high kicks, and clotheslines. This was basically a squash as Andrews defeated JTG with a two-handed chokeslam.
(4) William Regal beat Mason Ryan. Ryan, the FCW developmental champion, seemed nervous and could have played to the crowd more. The crowd chanted "U-S-A" throughout the match. Ryan did some European forearm shots on Regal, but Ryan charged the turnbuckle and missed, leading to Regal getting the pin.
(5) U.S. champion Daniel Bryan beat Ted DiBiase (w/Maryse) via countout to retain the U.S. Title. DiBiase worked the crowd with "I didn't tap out," which led to the crowd chanting "You tapped out." Bryan did a good airplane spin on DiBiase for about 30-45 seconds that got DiBiase so dizzy that he tried to small package the referee, and Bryan made a two count. Bryan also delivered a great top rope dropkick on DiBiase. Maryse tripped Bryan coming off the ropes leading to the Bella Twins coming out to run Maryse off. Bryan got DiBiase in the LeBell Lock, which led to DiBiase tapping out.
(6) Beth Phoenix & Melina beat Alicia Fox & Maryse. Typical WWE Divas tag match that ended with Beth doing her finisher on Alicia for the win.
(7) John Morrison beat Sheamus. Sheamus came out with full King of the Ring crown and garb, and cut a promo wanting Morrison to get down on his knees and kiss Sheamus's hand. Good back and forth match with many nearfalls for both men. Morrison got Sheamus out on the floor and did a flying body press on him. Morrison went for Starship Pain twice. The first time, Sheamus pulled his leg on the turnbuckle and the second time, Sheamus put his knees up to block Morrison. Morrison then "played opossum" with Sheamus as Sheamus wasted time posing to the crowd. Sheamus tried to pull Morrison up, but Morrison small-packaged him for the win. The finish was reminiscent of Bret Hart-Diesel at Survivor Series 1995.
(8) Juan Cena (John Cena) beat World Hvt. champion Kane via DQ; Kane retained the World Title in the main event. Kane started with some mic work running down Cena and how it was really John Cena under the mask. Juan Cena posed and played up the crowd with Mexican music and dancing, along with having the referee charge Cena's shirt like in a bullfight. Cena got the biggest pop of the night. Early in the match, Cena went for Attitude Adjustment, which Kane reversed to a DDT. Kane did a top rope clothesline on Cena, then he then tried to chokeslam Cena, which Cena reversed to the STF. Within seconds, the Nexus (McGillicutty, Harris, and Otunga) charged the ring and attacked Cena, causing the disqualification.
McGillicutty said over the house microphone that Nexus was going to take off Cena's mask. Cena's mask was pulled off by the Nexus to a big crowd pop. Cena then attacked Nexus, gave each Nexus member an Attitude Adjustment and Nexus left the ring. Cena celebrated and posed to end the show on a happy note for the crowd.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**