Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 6/8 TNA in Aiken, S.C.: Styles gets into fan altercation before facing Roode, Hardy vs. Anderson main event, Angle match & promo, attendance, more
Jun 9, 2013 - 4:51:55 PM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
TNA house show results
June 8, 2013
Report by Chris Cushman, PWTorch correspondent
(1) Joseph Park beat Robbie E. Pretty good opener that ended when Park hit a second-rope splash.
(2) Velvet Sky beat Gail Kim. Good Knockouts match. Kim did some mic work before the match, offering Sky until the count of three to leave the match. Sky stopped her at two, grabbed the mic, and cut a promo before saying, "Three," and kicking Kim to the outside. These two then put on a pretty solid match.
(3) Kurt Angle beat Wes Brisco with the Angle Slam. Angle cut a promo after the match about the TNA Hall of Fame, thanked the guys in the back, and of course, the fans.
Next was A.J. Styles vs. Bobby Roode. The interesting thing about this match occurred before the match started. As Roode was outside drawing heat from a fan, Styles heard something from an obnoxious fan sitting at ringside. He then quickly ran out of the ring, got in the fan's face, and brought a chair over for the fan to use to get over the railing. When the fan pushed the chair away, Styles got pissed and shoved the fan. They then exchanged words as Styles got back in the ring. Styles, still pissed, got back out the ring, hopped the rail and headed to the actual exit of the building, apparently challenging the guy to a fight outside. But, even with the fans daring the fan to fight, the guy wanted no part of it.
(4) A.J. Styles beat Bobby Roode via submission. After the pre-match activity, Roode and Styles went on to have the match of the night.
(5) Daniels & Kazarian beat Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez. This was a comedy match with a lot of hugging jokes at the beginning of the match.
(6) Jeff Hardy beat Mr. Anderson with the Twist of Fate. The main event included a run-in from Wes Brisco. Anderson was originally awarded the match after pinning Hardy using a chain. But, when Brian Hebner raised Anderson's arm, the chain fell and the match was restarted. Hardy then hit the Twist of Fate for the win.
Notes: The attendance was very poor. I wasn't expecting much, but expected a bigger crowd than what it was... Daniels and Kaz were at the local Direct Auto from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. for a meet-and-greet... Velvet Sky signed autographs at the table before the show... I bought the Angle and Anderson double figure pack and was able to go backstage to meet them... Earl Hebner did his usual tired, old bit he has been doing at house shows for years about revealing his "Damn Right I Did" t-shirt and doing a bad Bret Hart impersonation. He signed at the table during intermission... Overall, I thought it was a great show and highly recommend checking out a TNA house show. They are extremely fan-friendly and the kids love it! I know mine did!
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**