Arena Reports SHOW RESULTS - 4/26 WXW in Oberhausen, Germany: Terry Funk, John Morrison, D.H. Smith, Corino, Masters, more
Apr 27, 2014 - 12:02:32 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WXW "Superstars of Wrestling" Report
April 26, 2014
Results submitted by Markus, credit CageMatch.net & Moonsault.de
There was a free Fanfest/get-together featuring John Morrison from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. That was followed by the WXW Legends/Fan convention and Q&A from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m., which was free to everybody who had tickets for the show that night. This featured Terry Funk, Steve Corino, Chris Masters, D.H. Smith and John Morrison, along with German legends Axel Dieter and Eddy Steinblock and the WXW roster.
The actual wrestling show started at 7:00 p.m. and the drew in excess of 500 fans. This was a rare seating-only show, as usually they only have seating on one side at the Oberhausen events and fans can stand at ringside on the other three sides. They had to change some matches as both Vader and Shane Douglas pulled out.
(1) Miguel Ramirez beat Michael Dante. This was kind of an upset; Ramirez is an upcoming German high-flyer under a mask.
(2) Keel Holding (Aaron Insane & Kim Ray & Sasa Keel) beat The AUTsiders (Big Daddy Walter & Robert Dreissker) & Chris Masters in a six-person tag match. Masters had Insane in the Masterlock, but Keel knocked him out with a gold chain from behind and pinned him.
(3) Hot And Spicy (Axel Dieter Jr. & Da Mack) beat The Reign of Terror (Johnny Moss & Jon Ryan) via DQ to retain the WXW Tag Titles.
Interview: D.H. Smith was interviewed, saying he wants to win the WXW Title and bring some pride and honor back to it. He knows Tommy End is a liar and a cheater. He promised to give Tommy a Hart Attack. Tommy End came out and said he is better than everyone else, especially the Hart Family.
(4) John Morrison beat "Bad Bones" John Klinger, who won TNA's 2013 Gut Check online voting. Morrison kicked out of Bones's "Wrecking Ball Knees" finisher and won with Starship Pain.
(5) Axel Tischer (w/Svetlana Kalashnikova) beat Toby Blunt to retain the Shotgun! Title.
(6) HATE & Steve Corino beat The Piledrivers (Karsten Beck & Sha Samuels). Afterward, the losers gave Corino a powerbomb through a table and gave HATE a piledriver onto the apron. Beck asked for a new legend, then Terry Funk came out, punched the heels, and made Samuels tap out to the spinning toehold. Funk got a standing ovation.
(7) WXW champion Tommy End beat Harry Smith to retain the WXW Unified Title. The finish was End turning a Sharpshooter attempt into a roll-up and scoring the pin.
Post-match, Smith apologized for disappointing the fans and promised to return and win the title. Big Daddy Walter came out and said he can't sleep at night knowing End is champion. He vowed to win the Shortcut to the Top (WXW's version of the Royal Rumble) to get the belt.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**