WWE News WWE NEWS: NXT SPOILERS - full results from Thursday's TV taping, including line-up for the next NXT special, plus Seth Rollins makes post-taping appearance, more
Oct 24, 2014 - 1:23:31 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
WWE NXT TV taping results
October 23, 2014
Full Sail University
Report by Josh Parry, PWTorch correspondent
Dark Match: Dana Brooke beat Devin Taylor. This was Dana's Full Sail debut. She reminds me a lot of Maryse. Taylor, formally a backstage interviewer looked good, if a little clunky in the ring. Brooke's finisher is a cartwheel into a splash.
Episode 1 - November 13
Finn Bálor made his ring entrance, dressed to wrestle. His mannerisms and the way he carries himself are so unique. Finn took a mic and said that he is the future. At this, Tyson Kidd, Natalya, and Justin Gabriel interrupted. Kidd said that he's sick of these big international signings hogging up the spotlight, but failing to deliver. He got good heat for naming himself an honorary Hart, and "Uncle Bret" taught him that nobody can disrespect a Hart. Kidd and Gabriel tried to ambush Finn in the ring, but Itami made the save. Regal made a tag-team match official for our opening bout. Side note: Bálor is pronounced BAH-LOR not BAY-LOR.
(1) Hideo Itami & Finn Bálor beat Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd (w/Natalya). This match could have gone three times longer than it did and wouldn't have overstayed it's welcome. Awesome work by all four. Bálor scored the pin with his diving stomp.
(2) Sasha Banks (w/Becky Lynch) beat Alexa Bliss. Bliss took a nasty kick to the face that left her with a heavy nosebleed. The finish came quickly after in the form of Sasha's Bank Statement back-cracker.
(3) NXT Tag Team champions Sin Cara & Kalisto beat Buddy Murphy & Wesley Blake in a non-title match.
(4) NXT champion Adrian Neville beat Sami Zayn to retain the NXT Title. The finish came when Neville missed the Red Arrow and sold a knee injury. The ref threw up the "X" sign. Zayn made to help Neville up before he popped up and scored the pin with a small package. The heat on the finish was pretty intense, and they got some great shots of shocked faces in the crowd (including me!). They went about 15 minutes and made the most of it. If this match was only a taste of what's to come from these two, we should all be very excited.
Episode 2 - November 20
(1) Becky Lynch (w/Sasha Banks) beat Bayley. The heel duo tried an attack, but Charlotte made the save for Bayely.
The Vaudevillains made their entrance. In the ring, Aiden English said that the mark of a true gentleman is knowing what is due to him, and taking it when he wants. They heeled it up some more, before the Lucha Dragons's music hit. English and Gotch played scared while two little people in masks came to the ring.
(2) The Vaudevillains (Aiden English & Simon Gotch) def. "The Lucha Dragons." These guys spent five minutes beating up little people and still got babyface pops...
(3) Baron Corbin beat an unnamed jobber in 0:22. The crowd counted along with the match again. As Baron was leaving toward the stage, Bull Dempsey walked past him down the ramp.
(4) Bull Dempsey beat an unnamed jobber in 0:36 seconds. The crowd crapped on Bull when he couldn't beat Baron's time, and he acted frustrated.
(5) Tyson Kidd (w/Natalya) beat C.J. Parker. Post-match, Tyson Kidd challenged Finn Bálor to a one-on-one match next week.
(6) Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady (w/Carmella) beat The Mechanics (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder).
Sami Zayn came to the ring. No dancing or ballyhoo this week. He sold dejection and said he's got a lot of things to get off his chest if Adrian Neville could join him in the ring. Neville obliged, and came to the ring looking intense and defensive.
Sami said that if he can't defeat Adrian Neville for the NXT championship, then there's no reason for him to be a part of the roster. Neville knows that, but chose to be dishonorable and take it away from him. Sami got emotional reflecting on his career. He told Neville that neither man owes the other anything, but asked for one more shot at the title. Neville said that he would face Sami right now, but that's not his decision to make. On cue, William Regal came to the ring and announced that in "three weeks" on December 11, NXT will "Takeover" again with the next live special, "Our Evolution." He made the main event match official. Sami stipulated that if he can't beat Neville, he quits.
Episode 3 - November 27
(1) Tyler Breeze beat Marcus Lois.
(2) Carmella (w/Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady) beat Blue Pants (Leva Bates).
(3) NXT Tag Team champions Sin Cara & Kalisto beat Jason Jordan & Tye Dillinger.
Next, Bayley came out to the ring to address the crowd. She said that Sasha and Becky are bullies, and the only way to deal with a bully is to stand up to them. She said Charlotte isn't here this week to have her back, but she wants to call out Sasha and Becky. They obliged, and subsequently beat her down in the ring. Bayley sold a knee injury.
(4) Finn Bálor beat Tyson kid via DQ. Finn was going for his diving stomp when The Ascension hit the ring and pushed him from the top rope. A brawl ensued, with the locker room spilling out to pull them apart.
Episode 4 - December 4th
(1) NXT Women's champion Charlotte beat Mia Yim. Post-match, Sasha Banks came out on stage to taunt Charlotte. Bayley, on crutches, met Sasha on the stage, but Sasha kicked the crutches out from under her. Charlotte went on the attack, and took out Sasha, but Lynch made the save, allowing Sasha to come out on top heading into the live special. The Women's Championship match was made official for Takeover.
(2) The Vaudevillains beat Buddy Murphy & Wesley Blake.
(3) Bull Dempsey beat another jobber in 0:23. He still couldn't beat Baron's last time. Post-match, Baron made his entrance past Bull, without so much as a glance in his direction.
(4) Baron Corbin beat another jobber in 0:13. The crowd was having a great time counting along with the squash matches.
(5) Finn Bálor & Hideo Itami beat Tyson Kidd & Tyler Breeze. A quick warm-up match for Finn & Hideo before the special. Kidd and Finn had some good chemistry.
Post-match, Finn got on the mic and said that the match between them and The Ascension is official for Our Evolution. He said that he's bringing something that The Ascension has never seen before.
For the final segment, Adrian Neville made his way to the ring to boos. Neville said that while he isn't proud of his recent actions, he isn't conflicted about them, because he is still the champion. The reason Sami Zayn will never be able to beat him for the NXT championship is that Sami is too nice and unwilling to do whatever it takes to win, like he is. Neville warned that the result of the match at Our Evolution, and Sami's subsequent departure will not be on his conscience.
Zayn interrupted and came to the ring looking fired up and angry. He questioned if there was any respect or friendship left between the two of them, and asked Neville how he dares tell him how to live, work, or what choices to make. Neville offered a hand to Sami. Zayn sold conflict over accepting the handshake, and slapped Neville across the face before yelling that he is leaving with the title next week. Hot, hot, segment to end the taping. Neville has improved so much on the mic.
Post-show, Seth Rollins came to the ring and cut a promo hyping his match with Dean Ambrose this Sunday. The Vaudevillains interrupted and received Curb Stomps for their troubles.
Overall Reaction: This was probably one of the better tapings that I can remember going to, as it for once did not feel like a crazy four show marathon. The show breezed by, and the action was good from top to bottom. Every match/segment served a purpose, and nothing particularly stood out as being bad. We don't get any commentary or backstage segments at the tapings, so it's a little hazy as to what's absolutely official, but here's the semi-official lineup for Our Evolution based on what we saw:
- Bull Dempsey vs. Baron Corbin
- The Lucha Dragons vs. The Vaudevillains for the NXT Tag Team Championship.
- Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks for the NXT Women's Championship
- The Ascension vs. Hideo Itami & Finn Bálor.
- Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn for the NXT Championship.
Finally, I just want to clear up a little misconception about these tapings. The are NOT free! They were closed, free tapings for FSU students for the first three or so months during the Summer of 2012, but since then, they're open to the public, and prices for regular tapings range from $10-20, and prices for live specials range from $15-45.
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**