GFW News TV TAPING - 7/24 GFW "Amped" in Las Vegas, Nev.: First Global Force TV taping includes tournaments, current/former TNA stars, Jarretts, more
Jul 25, 2015 - 1:31:12 AM
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO BOOKMARK US & VISIT US DAILY
Global Force Wrestling Results
First "Amped" TV taping
July 24, 2015
Las Vegas, Nev. at the Orleans Arena
Report by Chris Kelly, PWTorch correspondent
GFW used two-thirds of the arena and half of that was filled. The crowd was decent-sized for the first TV taping and ready for some action.
(1) P.J. Black (formerly Justin Gabriel in WWE) beat Sanada in a Nex*Gen Tournament match.
Bobby Roode cut a promo, vowing to take the Global Title to TNA because Jeff Jarrett took the King of the Mountain Title away from him and TNA. Magnus came out to defend GFW, but he was attacked from behind by Kongo Kong. Roode applied the Crossface before leaving.
(2) Phoenix Star & Zokre & Misterioso, Jr. beat Bestia 666 & Blood Eagle & Steve Pain in a six-man Lucha match. Fun match and the crowd was hot for it.
(3) KUSHIDA beat Virgil Flynn III, replacing Chris Sabin. Virgil is small at 5'7" and 157 lbs., but the crowd pulled for him a lot and wanted the upset. It was not to be.
Out came Harvey Maxwell, who was greeted by a "Who are you?" chant. He started singing "America the Beautiful" poorly when the Akbars interrupted. They said they are number one and will win the Tag Title tournament. Then out came the Bollywood Boys to a nice reaction. That led to...
(4) Bollywood Boys beat The Akbars in a GFW Tag Tournament match.
Karen Jarrett came out next. Karen said that she is going to make sure the ladies are not overlooked in GFW. She said a ladies match will be the main event tonight. Then Lei'D Tapa came out with her husband manager. She said that Karen isn't fulfilling her promises to her and is all about Mickie James. This led to Karen booking the advertised three-way match next.
(5) Christina Von Eerie beat Mickie James and Lei'D Tapa in a three-way Women's Tournament match. Tapa was much bigger than other two, so they tried to double-team Tapa. In the end, Von Eerie got the win over Tapa. Eerie is billed from Reno, so she was the crowd favorite with lots of "oy!" chants.
(6) Jigsaw beat Sonjay Dutt in a Nex*Gen Tournament match. Jigsaw won a good back and forth match. In fact all of the Next*Gen matches and the luchadors six-man tag were great high-flying, back-and-forth matches that the crowd loved.
Former UFC fighter Chael Sonnen came out next to cut a heel promo. Sonnen said he's the man and we all suck. Phil Baroni, who has been training with Future Stars of Wrestling, was in the crowd and the audience chanted his name. Sonnen said if they fought again, he would win. Sonnen then brought out Virgil Flynn. He said Flynn impressed Jeff Jarrett and is now in the Nex*Gen tournament. This brought out P.J. Black, who told him, "Great showing tonight," then shook his hand and proceeded to superkick him. Black left.
(7) Chris Masters (Chris Mordetzy) beat Brian Myers (Curt Hawkins) in a Global Title tournament match. Masters won with the Masterlock. During match it looked like Myers took a nasty fall to the outside, but maybe it was not as bad as I thought since he finished the match okay.
(8) Reno Scum beat Los Luchadors. Reno got the "oy!" chants throughout and eventually got the win. Good match.
(9) Bobby Roode beat Kevin Kross via submission in a Global Title tournament match. Roode made Kross tap out to the cross-face.
Jeff Jarrett was out next to thank the Orleans Arena executives for making this the new home for GFW TV. He thanked the athletes in the back, the fans, and everyone for their support. He said that Shelton Benjamin, Killer Elite Squad of Davey Boy Smith, Jr. & Lance Hoyt, and the Bullet Club are coming soon to GFW. Booby Roode was out next. He said he's the man and Jarrett replied by booking Roode against Eric Young in the next match of the tournament. Jarrett left as Roode thought about this new development.
The main event was next with Magnus facing Kongo Kong. Harvey Maxwell wa out first to introduce Kong as his friend and monster in the ring.
(10) "Magnus" Nick Aldis beat Kongo Kong in a Global Title tournament match. The match was fine. Highlights included Aldis giving the 400-lb. Kong a superplex. The finish saw Kong miss a top-rope moonsault, leading to Aldis hitting a chokeslam-like finisher for the win.
The show ended with an announcement of next month's TV taping on August 21 here at the Orleans.
I give the show a 7.5 out of 10. It was the first wrestling show I've been to in over four years and I wasn't disappointed. Hopefully they announce a TV deal soon to see some of these matches again.
[Arena Photos credit Chris Kelly and VIP member Hank Miller]
THE TORCH REACHES MORE COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT FANS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
PWTorch editor Wade Keller has covered pro wrestling full time since 1987 starting with the Pro Wrestling Torch print newsletter. PWTorch.com launched in 1999 and the PWTorch Apps launched in 2008.
He has conducted "Torch Talk" insider interviews with Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, Lou Thesz, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Bruno Sammartino, Goldberg, more.
He has interviewed big-name players in person incluiding Vince McMahon (at WWE Headquarters), Dana White (in Las Vegas), Eric Bischoff (at the first Nitro at Mall of America), Brock Lesnar (after his first UFC win).
He hosted the weekly Pro Wrestling Focus radio show on KFAN in the early 1990s and hosted the Ultimate Insiders DVD series distributed in retail stories internationally in the mid-2000s including interviews filmed in Los Angeles with Vince Russo & Ed Ferrara and Matt & Jeff Hardy. He currently hosts the most listened to pro wrestling audio show in the world, (the PWTorch Livecast, top ranked in iTunes)
REACHING 1 MILLION+ UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH
500 MILLION CLICKS & LISTENS PER YEAR
MILLIONS OF PWTORCH NEWSLETTERS SOLD
PWTorch offers a VIP membership for $10 a month (or less with an annual sub). It includes nearly 25 years worth of archives from our coverage of pro wrestling dating back to PWTorch Newsletters from the late-'80s filled with insider secrets from every era that are available to VIPers in digital PDF format and Keller's radio show from the early 1990s.
Also, new exclusive top-shelf content every day including a new VIP-exclusive weekly 16 page digital magazine-style (PC and iPad compatible) PDF newsletter packed with exclusive articles and news.
The following features come with a VIP membership which tens of thousands of fans worldwide have enjoyed for many years...
-New Digital PWTorch Newsletter every week
-3 New Digital PDF Back Issues from 5, 10, 20 years ago
-Over 60 new VIP Audio Shows each week
-Ad-free access to all PWTorch.com free articles
-VIP Forum access with daily interaction with PWTorch staff and well-informed fellow wrestling fans
-Tons of archived audio and text articles
-Decades of Torch Talk insider interviews in transcript and audio formats with big name stars. **SIGN UP FOR VIP ACCESS HERE**