WWE RAW TV News & Notes 11/23
– Raw was book-ended by the official start of a new feud between Sheamus and Roman Reigns over the WWE World Title. They will meet for the title in a TLC match at the next PPV in three weeks.
Contained within the Reigns-Sheamus feud was a big stare down between Reigns and Triple H following up on how Survivor Series ended. WWE hinted at big things to come between Reigns and Hunter down the road.
– WWE got one wrestler back from injury. Rusev returned in the opening segment superkicking Reigns and aligning with Sheamus and The Authority.
In the main event, Reigns beat Rusev via DQ when King Barrett interfered against Reigns. WWE formed a loose alliance of Sheamus, Rusev, and Barrett to close the show.
– Charlotte retained the Divas Title in a re-match against Paige. Both wrestlers were counted out to end a 15-minute title match. Paige then beat down Charlotte and put her in the PTO on the announce table to signal the feud will continue. This was positioned at the top of the third hour.
Earlier in the show, Sasha Banks returned to in-ring action defeating Charlotte’s buddy, Becky Lynch. The implication was Sasha will soon be in-line for a Divas Title shot.
– New Day was set to defend the Tag Titles in an Open Challenge, but they cancelled the match when Lucha Dragons and then The Usos emerged to accept the title shot. This was positioned at the top of the second hour.
– U.S. champion Alberto Del Rio found himself in a full-fledged feud with Jack Swagger. Also, IC champion Kevin Owens was put in a tag match with Tyler Breeze opposite Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler. WWE seemed to be setting up a full-fledged Owens-Ziggler feud.
– Mark Henry resurfaced on Raw in the role of endorsing small, but tough Neville.
– Goldust returned to Raw TV the night after returning to WWE at Survivor Series. Goldust joined the Prime Time Players defeating his brother, “Stardust” Cody Rhodes, and The Ascension in a six-man tag match.
– One night after losing to The Undertaker & Kane, the Wyatts shifted their focus to the Dudleys. Bray Wyatt said the Dudleys would pay for Taker & Kane’s sins. The Wyatts ended up winning a tag match against Bubba Ray & Devon, then inflicted a post-match beat down.
– Announced for Thanksgiving Smackdown is U.S. champion Del Rio vs. Swagger in a non-title match.
– Announced for this week’s SportsCenter interview is new WWE champion Sheamus.