SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
TORCH TODAY – Wednesday, March 2, 2016
– At MMATorch.com: Full coverage of the build-up to this weekend’s big UFC 196 fight card.
– Sinclair Broadcasting, the parent company of Ring of Honor, officially closed the acquisition of Tennis Channel for $350 million. Now the company can move forward with a likely re-branding and potential placement of ROH TV on the channel. (SeekingAlpha.com Report)
– Jim Ross has a new blog at jrsbarbq.com with his thoughts on Raw, the WrestleMania line-up as it stands, and his big debut for New Japan/AXS TV this Friday.
– “The Rock” Dwayne Johnson is set to unveil a big new product line for Under Armour on Thursday. “Project Rock” is described as helping customers “conquer their goals” as part of a “long-term journey.” … Rock also reached out to cancer patient Tater, inviting him to the set of “Baywatch” in Georgia.
– NXT Women’s champion Bayley says she’s mixed on joining the main roster versus staying in NXT. Bayley said she is “mentally and physically” ready for the main roster, but she likes building a legacy at NXT right now.
“I think I have done everything I can here in NXT and I do want to test myself on the main roster. I want to be with the girls up there that were in the same place I was,” Bayley told Fansided.com. “But the mental side – I am very attached to the NXT product. With all the tours we are doing and all the things that have come our way, it’s very special. I am excited to see what is next for us. Part of me wants to me stay and I would feel left out if I did leave and things are going on here.”
– Monday before Raw, WWE sent out an email blast hyping a new “Bulletproof” t-shirt line for NXT champion Finn Balor’s “Balor Club” marketing.
WWE 2K Sports also released a new “Live Stream” of Finn Balor playing the WWE 2K16 video game.
– WWE Hall of Famer Tito Santana is returning to the ring for a match at the ECWA show on March 19 in Woodbury Heights, N.J. (Full Event Info)
– WWE’s website talked to Tommy Dreamer about trying to get Kimbo Slice signed to a Developmental deal a decade ago when he was an underground fighter. Dreamer noted that WWE decided they were “not going in that direction” signing Slice.
– Great Khali was interviewed by Sportskeeda.com about working for Vince McMahon, trying to help the next generation of Indian wrestlers, and starting his own promotion in India.
– Lots of news & notes from Japan this week, including TMDK (Shane Haste & Mikey Nicholls) returning to NOAH for their farewell tour before joining NXT. Plus, the Global Tag League schedule this spring. (PuroresuSpirit.net)
– E! released full wedding coverage of Kelly Kelly (Barbie Blank) from over the weekend. Blank stars in E!’s “WAGS” series that returns for Season 2 later this year.
– Scott Steiner speaks. Steiner cut a promo for his U.K. speaking tour happening later this month. “Scott Steiner Live & Uncensored” includes dates in London, Manchester, Glasgow, and Belfast.