SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE Raw TV News & Notes 7/4
– Zack Ryder & Big Show defended the honor … of America in the main event of “Fourth of July Raw” by defeating the Multinational Alliance in a 16-man elimination tag match.
The seemingly-random sole survivors of Ryder & Show celebrated their victory in the TV main event as Raw went off the air. The match included 14 eliminations over 22+plus minutes.
Earlier in the show, “America” lost to a foreign nemesis when U.S. champion Rusev beat Titus O’Neil to retain the U.S. Title. Titus was dressed patriotically, but it did not help against Rusev, who also beat O’Neil on Father’s Day at the Money in the Bank PPV.
– WWE champion Dean Ambrose added to his recent victory list with a second victory over IC champion The Miz in the featured singles match of the show.
Then, Seth Rollins beat Dolph Ziggler in a singles match. Ambrose got the last word in Rollins with Dirty Deeds on the announce table to hype their WWE Title match (also involving Roman Reigns) at the Battleground PPV in three weeks. Prior to taking Dirty Deeds, Rollins cut a heel promo on Reigns, trying to push too far with his criticism of Reigns getting himself suspended to attempt to get sympathy on Reigns.
– John Cena got help from Enzo Amore & Big Cass in a big spot taking a beat down from A.J. Styles and The Club. Styles cut a promo talking about how much they enjoy beating up Cena, claiming he has no friends to help. It appeared to be true until Enzo & Cass inserted themselves into the feud.
– Vickie Guerrero returned to TV as the latest former Smackdown GM auditioning to run Smackdown Live. Vickie was hauled away from the podium, then bumped into Dolph Ziggler backstage, who pretended to not know who Vickie is, playing off their long history.
– Raw authority figures Shane and Stephanie McMahon did not appear on Raw despite being advertised.