SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE Cruiserweight Taping Results
July 14, 2016
Full Sail University
Report by PWTorch correspondent Kyle Niblett @KyleNiblett
(a) Dark Match: TM61 beat Mustafa Ali & Sean Maluta in a tag match.
Round of 16 Matches
(1) Gran Metalik beat Tajiri in the opener.
(2) Kota Ibushi beat Cedric Alexander. Spectacular match; Match of the Night.
After the match, there were “Please Sign Cedric” chants. After going through the curtain, there were loud chants again. Triple H pushed him out from behind the curtain and made Cedric experience a curtain call. Cedric was in absolute tears. It was an incredibly emotional and surreal scene. As the crowd chanted “Cedric,” Triple H came out, shook his hand, and raised his hand. It was the most genuine moment I have ever experienced as a wrestling fan at any Full Sail taping. The match was the longest of the night and was on the same level as Gargano vs. Ciampa from the first round.
(3) Akira Tozawa beat Jack Gallagher. Jack was super over and the crowd was disappointed when he lost. Actual boos for the three count.
(4) Noam Dar submitted Ho Ho Lun.
(5) Brian Kendrick beat Tony Nese. Fun match.
(6) Rich Swann beat Lince Dorado. Rich is easily one of the top three most popular athletes in this tournament.
(7) Zack Sabre, Jr. beat Drew Gulak via pinfall in the semi-main event.
(8) T.J. Perkins beat Johnny Gargano via submission in a big upset. The crowd was shocked, but appreciative of both men’s efforts. Gargano sold an injury after the match.