SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
Please send news tips and results to email@example.com.
-Trish Stratus likes what she sees so far with the Becky Lynch heel turn. “I’ve been loving the way this feud is unfolding,” she told The Sun in the UK. “I think the intensity especially for… I mean, Becky is just dialed in on her character right now and I’m so enjoying it.”
-Madison Rayne talked about her career resurgence in ROH over the last year in an article by Kevin Eck at PressBoxOneline.com. “While doing a little bit of work over the past year in Ring of Honor, I realized that it’s the same really fun, really exciting energy that I remember Ring of Honor having when I first wrestled there,” she said. “My hope is that as they are breathing life back into their women’s division that I can be a part of helping grow that the way I did with the Knockouts.” The article notes she is preparing for life after wrestling, too, pursuing a degree in business management and will seek a bachelor’s degree in health care management or marketing. She also said her husband Josh Matthews encouraged her to embark on this second stanza of her pro wrestling career. “Josh said to me, ‘You’ve been around for a long time, so if you’re going to continue doing this’ — which he fully supported — ‘you have to step it up,'” Rayne, 32, recalled. “I kind of knew that, but hearing another voice saying it was really the beginning of that motivation for me. FULL ARTICLE LINK
-We are looking for reports for tonight’s and tomorrow night’s NXT UK events at the Plymouth Pavilions. Please email results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
-The new NXT UK TV show debuts on WWE Network on Wednesday, Oct. 17. It will premiere at 3 p.m. ET, so 8 p.m. BT, with Vic Joseph and Nigel McGuiness as announcers. British TV personality Radzi Chinyanganya will conduct the backstage interviews. Mark Andrews, Tyler Bate, Pete Dunn, Trent Seven, Wolfgang, Rhea Ripley, and Toni Storm are the noted stars of the show on WWE.com’s article announcing the show’s premiere date. “NXT UK is the next step in our global localization strategy, and we are proud to do this in a place where WWE has had a special relationship for more than 30 years,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative.
-Pro Wrestling Revolver (ProWrestlingRevolver.com) is featuring PCO vs. Walter on Oct. 20 in Den Moines, Iowa at the Val Air Ballroom as the co-headline match at their loaded “Tales for the Ring 2” event. Also, in Cage of Horrors, Impact Wrestling’s #oVe (Sami Callihan, Jake Crist, Dave Crist) team with Larry D to face rivals Matthew Palmer, Lucha Underground’s Shane Strickland, Jason Cade, and a mystery partner. Also: Rich Swann vs. “The Product” David Starr vs. Trey Miguel, Colt Cabana vs. “Manscout” Jake Manning, “The Zombie Princess” Jimmy Jacobs vs. “Savior” J.T. Dunn, Marko Stunt debuts against Ace Romero, plus the Open Invite Scramble champion Ace Austin vs. Clayton Gainz vs. Ron Mathis vs. Andy Dalton vs. Pat Monix vs. Iowa Hawkeye football star Steve Manders vs. Impact Wrestling’s Caleb Konley vs. former NXT star MadMan Fulton. If you plan to attend this event and can cover it for us, please email me at email@example.com.
-Here’s a local Australian article on FoxSports.au rating each of the Super Show-Down matches on a 0-5 scale, which rated Triple H vs. Undertaker “4/5” which is four-out-of-five, not fourth-fifths of one. The author wrote: “They might be well beyond their prime, but Undertaker and Triple H commanded the ring like the veteran superstars that they are. All the favourite moves were on display: Old School, Snake Eyes, Chokeslam, Tombstone Pile-driver, Pedigree, Sweet Chin Music and more. All boxes ticked.”: Super Show-Down results and report card: Every match rated as Aussie Buddy Murphy steals show [Thanks to PWTorch VIP member Aaron]
-AAW Pro made it’s Austin, Tex. debut last night at the AFS Cinema in front of a reported 350 fans. The following are results (you can watch the show on www.Twitch.tv.aawpro for AAW Pro subscribers).
- 1. Laredo Kid defeated Lance Cade
- 2. “The Lone Star” Curt Stallion defeated PACO and Stephen Wolf in three way match
- 3. The Besties In The World (Davey Vega & Mat Fitchett) defeated Extra Talented (Aaron Solow & Ricky Stark)
- 4. Trevor Lee defeated Rich Swann to retain the AAW Heritage Championship in his seventh defense)
- 5. Fiyah Fox (Myron Reed & AR Fox) defeated The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz)
- 6. Six Man Scramble: Dirty Andy Dalton defeated Ryan Davidson, Fuego Del Sol, Barrett Brown, Kody Lane, and J Serious
- 7. Kylie Rae defeated Thunder Rosa
- 8. AAW Heavyweight Champion Brody King & Jimmy Jacobs defeated Darby Allin & Sami Callihan after Brody pinned Darby after the gonzo bomb.
- 9. ACH defeated Eddie Kingston in a heated grudge match which saw ACH’s mother slap Eddie Kingston.
-ICW held its Fight Club taping last Sunday in Glasgow, Scotland at The Garage in front of a reported 350+ fans.
- (1) Kid Fite (with Lou King Sharp and Krieger) defeated Grado.
- (2) Jackie Polo [c] (w/Coach Trip) defeated Eli Bulwark to retain the ICW World Heavyweight Championship open challenge. This was Eli Bulwark’s ICW debut
- (3) Liam Thomson defeated Dickie Divers
- (4) The Purge (Krobar & Stevie James) defeated KoE (Kai Williams-King & King Killa). It was the ICW debut for both members of KoE.
- (5) Lionheart defeated BT Gunn in a no. 1 Contenders’ match
- (6) Bram (w/Red Lightning) defeated Jack Jester (w/Sha Samuels)
- (7) Aivil defeated Kasey (w/The wee Man)
- (8) Joe Hendry (w/Mark Dallas and Leyton Buzzard) defeated Andy Wild
- (9) Jimmy Havoc & Mark Haskins (w/Vicky Haskins) defeated The Kings of Catch (Lewis Girvan & Aspen Faith)
-MLW announced that the leader of Los Ingobernables, Rush, will make his MLW debut Nov. 8 in Chicago, Ill. The press release touts: “Arena Mexico’s greatest sensation Rush will arrive Thursday night at Cicero Stadium where he will compete at the MLW FUSION TV taping for beIN SPORTS. … Adored by the women for his looks and respected by fans for his brawling style, the second-generation luchador is one of the most sought after wrestlers in the world. Regularly main eventing CMLL’s Arena Mexico Friday nights where he has clashed in memorable battles with LA Park, Rush now looks towards MLW as he makes his American debut in grand fashion. Nicknamed “El Toro Blanco”, now the question is WHOwill the charismatic and muscular phenom from Puebla battle in his debut? Find out as he debuts at MLW: FIGHTLAND on Nov. 8 in Chicago.”
-Check out my interview this week with Impact World Hvt. Champion Austin Aries discussing for over an hour the Twitter argument with Johnny Impact, whether they have communicated since the heated exchanges last weekend, how he feels about what is “crossing the line” in a promo, plus his thoughts on his WWE stint with NXT and 205 Live, having to guard vegan food at catering, and what defines what a “good match” is in 2018. CLICK HERE to stream or down in Stitcher, CLICK HERE for Apple Podcasts on your iPhone or iPad, or search “Wade Keller” in your podcast app to subscribe.
Please send news tips and results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOW CHECK OUT THE PREVIOUS “TORCH TODAY” NEWS UPDATE: Evening Update: WWE advertising Undertaker and several ex-Divas and G.M.s for Smackdown 1000, Total Divas viewership rebounds, Impact’s new distribution partner, MLW’s Super Bowl weekend news