SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
TORCH TODAY – Thursday, December 3
– LIVECAST ALERT: Justin Credible (P.J. Polaco) returns to the PWTorch Livecast with PWTorch editor Wade Keller with calls and emails at 5:00 p.m. EST at PWTorchLivecast.com.
– WWE Smackdown tonight has a show-long continuation of the feud between Roman Reigns’s group and Sheamus’s new group, the League of Nations. Plus, another faction battle between the Dudleys and Wyatt Family. (FULL SPOILER RESULTS) (Non-Spoiler Preview)
– WWE NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS: WWE does not have any new programming tonight. WWE is running this week’s “Breaking Ground” episode, re-runs of “Unfiltered” w/Renee Young, and a Raw vs. Nitro flashback from December 1995.
– Big Time Wrestling is presenting the latest Kliq Reunion in Jamestown, New York on Thursday night. Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and Sean Waltman are advertised along with Honky Tonk Man, Brutus Beefcake, Matt Hardy, and Shelly Martinez.
Also, Canadian Wrestling’s Elite continues its weekend tour Thursday night in Brandon, Man., Canada with Charlie Haas, Silas Young, and Chase Owens in action. Full event information at CWECanada.ca. (Full Weekend Events Center)
– Former TNA Hvt. champion Magnus (Nick Aldis) announced that he had surgery this week to repair a torn bicep tendon. Magnus suffered the injury last month wrestling for AAA in Mexico.
“I had surgery today to repair a torn bicep tendon that I injured in Mexico 10 days ago. Apologies to the promotions I’ve had to cancel for,” Magnus tweeted. “I’m aiming to rehab asap and will keep you posted on my return to action. Thanks.”
– Dewey Foley, the son of Mick Foley, has reportedly accepted a WWE writing position. The news was first reported by SEScoops.com. This follows Mick becoming outspoken about WWE’s Creative direction in recent weeks, potentially placing his son in a bad position.
– Jim Ross’s latest blog at jrsbarbq.com includes commentary on Dewey reportedly writing for WWE, Foley and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin dissecting WWE’s TV woes in podcast form, and Ross’s future in pro wrestling announcing.
“Rumors of me returning to the announce table are overtly premature. If it’s true, I wish someone would let me in on it. Going on the road every week and enduring the travel regime isn’t on my radar,” Ross wrote.
– NXT Women’s champion Bayley joined wrestling announcer Kevin Gill on the latest episode of the “Kevin Gill Show.” The interview recorded at the “Aftershock Festival” earlier this fall covers the following topics: being inspired by Lita and Macho Man, indie roots at Big Time Wrestling, William Regal, Positive Mental Attitude, Drake Younger, what makes NXT special, who to keep an eye on at NXT, and more.”
– Deadline published an advanced review of the “Concussion” movie due out Christmas. The movie received a strong positive review, especially for Will Smith’s role as Dr. Bennet Omalu, who discovered the CTE brain disease linked to deceased NFL players and pro wrestlers, such as Chris Benoit.
– And, finally, the first trailer is out for the forthcoming “Kickboxer” movie re-make featuring Dave Bautista along with Jean-Claude Van Damme, Gina Carano, and GSP. The movie is scheduled for release in 2016.