SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
The TNA Title series will not conclude in 2015, leaving TNA without a champion to close their run on Destination America.
TNA announced Wednesday that the semi-finals and finals of the TNA Title tournament will take place on the Pop TV debut on Tuesday, January 5.
This follows recent TNA Hvt. champion Ethan Carter III suggesting in a new interview that the tournament would conclude in December. ECIII heelishly boasted that he would end 2015 as TNA champion and kick off the Pop TV era as Hvt. champion.
“As far as my personal goals, I mean, winning the World Title Series, capping off the year (2015) being two-time unbeaten champion, opening the show January 5, live on Pop TV on Impact Wrestling as the World Heavyweight Champion and then holding it for the whole calendar year; that’s my goals,” Carter told The Rack Radio Show last week.
On Wednesday’s Impact episode, TNA set up the Final Four of the tournament – ECIII vs. Lashley on one side of the bracket and Matt Hardy vs. Eric Young on the other side of the bracket.
It sets up a potential ECIII vs. Hardy re-match for the TNA Title after Hardy won the title from Carter at Bound for Glory in October. That match also involved Drew Galloway in a three-way format.
- ECIII beat D.J. Zema (12/2 Impact)
- Davey Richards beat Bram (12/2 Impact)
- ECIII beat Richards in the quarterfinals (12/9 Impact)
- Bobby Lashley beat Drew Galloway (12/2 Impact)
- Shera beat Eli Drake (12/2 Impact)
- Lashley beat Shera in the quarterfinals (12/9 Impact)
- Matt Hardy beat Bobby Roode (12/2 Impact)
- Jessie Godderz beat Awesome Kong (12/2 Impact)
- Hardy beat Jessie in the semi-finals (12/9 Impact)
- Eric Young beat Kenny King (12/2 Impact)
- Tigre Uno beat Gail Kim (12/2 Impact)
- EY beat Tigre in the semi-finals (12/9 Impact)
- ECIII vs. Lashley (1/5 Impact)
- Hardy vs. EY (1/5 Impact)
- Winners advance to the TNA Title match (1/5 Impact)