SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE Stock Track 2016
Week 13 – March 28-April 1
– Friday, April 1: Closing Price of $17.31 per share, down two percent from Thursday to finish the week on a down note.
Keep the stock price in mind for when WWE releases post-WrestleMania Network subscriber figures on Monday.
WWE is now valued at $1.31 billion, down from $1.39 billion earlier in the week.
– Thursday, March 31: Closing Price of $17.66 per share, down half-a-percent from Wednesday.
The stock hovered between $17.34 and $17.98 on the day.
Financial news outlet Seeking Alpha noted that investors are going to be carefully watching WrestleMania, especially the day-after conference call to update WWE Network subscriptions. Notably, WWE did not update Network subs after the Royal Rumble, like last year, making investors and analysts concerned about the current subscription levels.
– Wednesday, March 30: Closing Price of $17.79 per share, down 3.0 percent from last week.
The stock climbed as high as $18.66 per share in the morning, but fell sharply by more than one dollar to a low of $17.57 per share in the afternoon.
WWE also received more financial news coverage from Marketwatch (formerly CBS Marketwatch), saying WWE is “winning in online streaming” with WWE Network.
– Tuesday, March 29: Closing Price of $18.34 per share, up 2.5 percent from Monday.
The stock climbed as high as $18.65 per share, coming close to the high point of the year. Overall, Tuesday was a very busy day for WWE…
- WWE heels the Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, and Braun Strowman) rang the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange. WWE had the heels step-out-of-character to represent WWE at the NYSE.
- WWE generated financial headlines when analyst firm Pacific Crest initiated stock coverage of WWE, setting a price target of $22 per share. Pacific Crest said WWE appears to be “well positioned to navigate the future of TV via its Internet-based direct-to-consumer network (WWE Network),” making WWE an attractive stock to the analyst firm.
– Monday, March 28: Closing Price of $17.89 per share, up 4.5 percent from last week’s final closing price.
This brought the stock back to last Monday’s closing price after steadily falling through the second-half of last week.
2016 WWE STOCK SCORESHEET
- 2016 Open: $17.44 per share
- Latest Close: $17.31 per share (4/1)
- Current 52-Week Range: $13.01 – 23.63
- 2016 High Points: $18.93 (3/17), $18.42 (1/26)
- 2016 Low Point: $14.20 (2/11); $15.66 (2/10)
- 2016 Initial Market Value: $1.34 billion
- Current Market Value: $1.31 billion (4/1)
- 2016 Market Value Low Point: $1.11 billion (Week of 2/8)
- 2016 Market Value High Point: $1.39 billion (Week of 3/28)