SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
TNA Impact Results
September 29, 2016
Taped in Orlando, Fla.
TNA Hvt. champion Bobby Lashley and #1 contender Ethan Carter III started the show picking their teams for a Lethal Lockdown main event leading into their TNA Title match at the Bound for Glory PPV on Sunday.
(1) X Division champion D.J. Zema beat Eddie Edwards to retain the X Division Title.
Zema showed good sportsmanship afterward helping up Edwards after the match. Suddenly, Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett attacked both men, trying to injure them before the PPV.
Josh Mathews sat down with Moose and Mike Bennett in an empty arena to talk about matters before their match at Bound for Glory.
(2) Chelsea Green from Tough Enough beat Madison Rayne.
Drew Galloway and Aron Rex (Damien Sandow) had an in-ring promo exchange over their Grand Title match on Sunday. It turned into a brawl that required security to break up.
(3) Rosemary vs. Reby Sky ended in a No Contest when Rosemary suplexed Sky off the ring apron through a table on the floor. This followed a brawl between the Hardys and Decays that went from ringside to other parts of the arena.
After a commercial, the Hardys and Decay continued to brawl outside of the arena.
Cody Rhodes is coming to Bound for Glory wearing designer clothes and driving sports cars.
Earlier Today: KO champion Maria and Gail Kim were interviewed about their Knockouts Title match on Sunday.
Backstage: ECII assembled his team of Moose, Sandow, and Gail Kim for Lethal Lockdown.
(4) TNA Hvt. champion Bobby Lashley’s squad beat Ethan Carter III’s squad in Lethal Lockdown. Lashley got a TKO on ECIII, who faded out in a submission hold. Prior to the finish, Gail chased Maria out of the cage to the back.
Order of Entry
(2) Mike Bennett
(3) Drew Galloway (heel advantage)
(4) Aron Rex
(5) Bobby Lashley (heel advantage)
(7) Maria Kanellis
(8) Gail Kim
Lashley got to choose the stipulation for his title defense against ECIII at Bound for Glory on Sunday. And Lashley picked … No Holds Barred.