SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
ROH LIVE EVENT RESULTS
NOVEMBER 17, 2017
SAN ANTONIO, TEX.
REPORT BY PAUL K., PWTORCH CORRESPONDENT
(1) Cheeseburger pinned Justin Taylor.
(2) Deonna Purrazzo defeated Britt Baker via tapout.
(3) Silas Young pinned Josh Woods.
(4) Shane Taylor pinned Beer City Bruiser.
(5) Punishment Martinez pinned Jay Lethal after a Marty Scurll distraction in a Survival of the Fittest round one match.
(6) Kenny King pinned Joey Ryan to retain the ROH World TV Title.
(7) Team CMLL (Esfinge & Rey Cometa) defeated The Dawgs (Rhett Titus & Will Ferrara).
(8) Dalton Castle pinned Marty Scurll in a non-title match.
(9) The Kingdom (Matt Taven & T.K. O’Ryan & Vinny Marseglia) defeated Search & Destroy (Jonathan Gresham & Alex Shelly & Chris Sabin).
(1) Cody & Stephen Amell & Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks defeated The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) & Scorpio Sky & Flip Gordon when Kenny Omega scores the pinfall for the Bullet Club win. Stephen Amell debuted as new member of the bullet club with Vigilante Club T-shirt.
FINAL THOUGHTS: Overall, an amazingly fun show. Show went from about 7:30 p.m. CT until 11:30 p.m. with a brief intermission. A packed house, sold out (standing room only) and a 2-3 hour line for the meet and greet, and the crowd could not have been more into the show, Kenny Omega obviously got the pop of the night, followed by (and not by much) Joey Ryan who got a HUGH response from the crowd. Followed by Marty Scurll and Jay Lethal, who all got good crowd responses. And the kids Love Cheeseburger! Fan response was so loud and positive you could tell the guys were moved by the reactions.
I had the chance to meet Kenny, Cody, Matt, Nick, and Marty (for $20 each). All were super-friendly, even after signing autographs and meetings fans for two hours, three in Omega’s case. I paid $65 for a second row seat and felt overall well worth the money spent for a fun and memorable night. I really like the way these guys bring the fans in and provide such an intimate fan experience.
Thanks guys for all you do at PWTorch! I was an advocate for you last night, and told anyone who would listen about the site and podcasts!
QUICK TIPS FOR SENDING RESULTS
If you attend an arena event in future, either house shows or TV tapings, we encourage you to send us a report for publication. You can direct your reports to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We accept reports in any format, but if it’s not much trouble, please format your report like you see above, with the matches numbered like this (1) , (2) , (3) , with the opening line of each match paragraph stating who beat whom (don’t just say Wrestler A vs. Wrestler beat with the result listed later; instead, state up front who won so those readers who don’t have time to read the entire report (i. e. their boss walks past their cubicle all the time looking beat their shoulder) can at least quickly assess the results.
Also, please list tag teams using the “&” symbol as opposed to stating “and. ” Reserve use of ” and” when listing results in a three-way or four-way match where there are no teams (i. e. ” Wrestler A beat Wrestler B and Wrestler C in a three-way match” ) so it is easy to differentiate a handicap match from a three-way match.