The following was published ten years ago this week on PWTorch.com…
WWE Raw house show
April 10, 2008
Report by Alan Stretton, PWTorch.com reader
I was at the house show in Belfast on the 10th of April. Pretty big crowd, I think it may have been a sellout. The show went about three hours and that’s without Kennedy, Hardy, John Cena, and Shawn Michaels.
(1) Brian Kendrick defeated Burchill with sliced bread #2. Pretty good match with a suprising amount of crowd heat, the majority of which was probably incited by Burchill’s prematch promo slagging off Northern Irish people.
(2) Mickie James & Maria defeated Katie Lea & Beth Phoenix with Val Venis as the ref. Just a bit of fun with Val acting like he’s in his element.
(3) C.M. Punk defeated Carlito. Match was decent enough from what I remember. Punk wins with GTS.
(4) Snitsky defeated D.H. Smith with Pump Handle Slam. The “brush your teeth” chant was the best thing about this.
(5) William Regal defeated Santino Marella. Not great, apart from the pre-match promo by both men. antino was hilarious, and so was Regal in response, calling him a “pathetic little tosspot.”
(6) Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly defeated Cade & Murdoch. Decent enough match. But the best part was Trevor Murdoch trying to attack the crowd with a chair and Cade having to hold him back.
(7) Kane defeated Chavo. The first two-thirds were bad, but the last third had a lot of reversals and counters that made it much better.
(8) Chris Jericho defeated Umaga with the Code Breaker. Jericho was way over, probably tied with Triple H. This was a very good match. Umaga hit Jericho with the spike after the match was over.
(9) Triple H defeated Randy Orton by DQ when Regal interfered. This was another good match, with a confusing finish, but fun nonetheless.
Notes: Overall it was a fun show, spoiled only by hundreds of children running up to the barricade everytime any sort of big move was hit, meaning it was very hard to see half of the matches if you didn’t stand up. and I was sitting fourth row.
NOW CHECK OUT THE PREVIOUS 2008 FLASHBACK: 10 YRS AGO – Keller’s WWE Smackdown Report (4-4-08): Undertaker vs. Kane, MVP vs. Matt Hardy, Edge in opening segment, Coach says Michaels won’t be known as Heartbreak Kid anymore