RECOMMENDED FREE NEW PODCAST - RAW POST-SHOW WITH KELLER...
(Search "wade keller" to subscribe in podcast app)
The following report was originally published on PWTorch.com ten years ago this week…
TNA house show results
May 17, 2009
Report by Michael Corkery, PWTorch.com reader
I went to the TNA show at Crown Arena on Sunday in Fayetteville, N.C. It was a good show. The crowd was into it. We were having a good time on a Sunday afternoon and then went home to watch the WWE PPV.
The crowd was about 2,000. The arena seats 5,000. Ringside was full. The riser seats in the back and on the sides were mostly empty. Last year, TNA was in the Crown Coliseum across the parking lot. The place wasn’t even half-full. The Coliseum holds about 10,000 for wrestling. They could have sold more tickets if they had Samoa Joe, Sting, Kurt Angle, and Mick Foley. They could have sold more tickets if they did something with Ft. Bragg troops. My ticket was $23.
(1) TNA X Division Champion Suicide beat Kiyoshi.
(2) Madison Rayne beat Daffney.
(3) Rhino beat Sheik Abdul Bashir. Rhino cut a promo on Bashir from the riser seats in the row in front of me. He walked right in front of me halfway down the row with a mic and told Bashir about the whoopin’ he was going to get. The crowd popped big. Chants of “USA, USA.”
(4) Jeff Jarrett & Daniels (the hometown boy) beat Beer Money, Inc. (James Storm & Robert Roode). Lots of suggested gay humor involving Beer Money. Jarrett threw Storm’s head into Roode’s groin. Storm noticed something; felt strange down there. Storm pulled a sock out of the front of Roode’s tights, then Roode wiped Storm’s forehead with it. Storm got grossed out and threw the sock into the crowd. They got grossed out too. Storm spit on the first three rows. I could see a big spray of spit fly about 15 ft. Very disrespectful to paying customers who paid $50 to sit ringside.
(5) Eric Young beat Cute Kip.
(6) TNA Legends Champion A.J. Styles beat Booker T. Booker cut a promo on a kid who touched him. The crowd booed Booker. Styles won with the bicycle kick.
Jeremy Borash teased a PPV here in the future and a backstage party. Styles told Borash to bring the party to the ring. A.J. Styles and Suicide (Daniels?) posed for pics for $20 after the show and wrestlers signed autographs.