SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
TORCH TODAY – Wednesday, November 11
– LIVECAST ALERT: Mickie James is scheduled for today’s PWTorch Livecast interview with Pat McNeill at 5:00 p.m. EST. Call in live or email questions at PWTorchLivecast.com.
– Wednesday Night TV Line-up: WWE NXT features The Vaudevillians defending the NXT Tag Titles against Dash & Dawson, plus follow-up on Samoa Joe attacking NXT champion Finn Balor. … TNA Impact on Destination America continues the TNA Title tournament, including Eddie Edwards vs. Matt Hardy, ECIII vs. Mr. Anderson, Jessie vs. Eli Drake, and Gail Kim vs. Madison Rayne. … ROH TV on Dest. America features a big tag match of The Briscoes vs. All Night Express.
– WWE’s European Tour continues with both crews on the road with Ric Flair & Dean Ambrose headlining Rome, Italy and Roman Reigns headlining Brighton, England. (Full European Tour Line-ups)
– WWE NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS: A new episode of “Table for 3” features William Regal, Sheamus, and King Barrett at 4:00 p.m. EST and then at 9:00 p.m. following this week’s NXT episode at 8:00 p.m.
– Brock Lesnar has been added to WWE’s first show in Houston in 2016. Lesnar is now advertised by the Toyota Center for the house show on Friday, January 9. WWE is looking to boost ticket sales for the non-TV show when a big market like Houston is accustomed to TV tapings and PPVs. It’s similar to Lesnar being advertised for a basic house show in Los Angeles on Saturday, December 19.
The announcement reads: “WWE returns to Houston for the first time in 2016 with WWE LIVE! Witness the return of Brock Lesnar to Houston for the first time in over a decade! Also see all your favorite superstars this fall including John Cena, Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens, Sheamus, The Dudley Boyz, The Divas, and many many more! Tickets start at $20!”
– WWE heavily edited crowd noise during Monday’s taped Raw from Manchester, England. PWTorch reader Adam in Hull, England noted one of many examples: “I was at Raw in Manchester and when Roman Reigns came in (actually as soon as Triple H started talking of him) the crowd reaction was overwhelmingly negative, very loud boos, and this continued through most of the promo. Today I watched on TV and that reaction was nowhere near as strong.”
– Bobby Lashley’s squash victory at Bellator 145 on Friday night was the most-watched fight of the night, according to Sherdog.com. The overall fight card averaged 814,000 viewers, the third-most on Spike TV, with Lashley’s fight drawing a peak audience of 1.048 million. (Full Bellator coverage at MMATorch.com)
– WWE’s partnership with DraftKings is still active for their WrestleMania give-away. DraftKings and FanDuel, the one-week or one-day fantasy sports websites, are under scrutiny from government officials for whether they are gambling or fantasy games sites. On Tuesday, New York attorney general Eric Schneiderman banned the lucrative sites in N.Y., issuing cease-and-desist letters requesting they stop accepting wagers from N.Y. residents. The issue will continue to be a hot topic as other states weigh in.
– Dean Ambrose and Divas champion Charlotte have been announced for the Wizard World Reno comic con on Friday, November 20. The event takes place at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center in Reno, Nevada on a weekend when WWE does not have house shows prior to the Survivor Series PPV.
– “The Rock” Dwayne Johnson and his girlfriend, Lauren, are expecting a baby girl. Johnson made the announcement on Instagram, which was highlighted on Tuesday night’s ESPNews SportsCenter broadcast following King Barrett’s WWE interview segment.
– The next Harley Race Camp takes place December 4 & 5 in Troy, Missouri. This is a beginner’s camp for prospective wrestling students. Race’s wrestling camp has a new location in Troy that includes “two rings, weightlifting equipment, conditioning equipment, match preparation, interview and microphone practice room, men’s and women’s bathrooms with showers, lounge area, and numerous DVD and Internet video resources.” Camp details can be found by calling 573-392-4100, emailing email@example.com, or visiting HarleyRace.com.