KELLER & POWELL FLAGSHIP (12/5)
(Search "wade keller" to subscribe in podcast app)
WWE NXT Takeover: London News & Notes 12/16
– All champions retained their titles on the final NXT Takeover special of the year.
In the main event, Finn Balor beat Samoa Joe with the Coup de Grace in a near-20-minute match to retain the NXT Title.
In the semi-main event, Bayley forced Nia Jax to submit to a guillotine check to retain the NXT Women’s Title.
Earlier in the show, Dash & Dawson escaped Enzo Amore & Big Cass to retain the NXT Tag Titles.
– The other two matches of the show included Asuka defeating Emma and Baron Corbin defeating Apollo Crews in a battle of top NXT Title contenders.
– After the show, WWE released footage of Corbin vowing to go after the NXT Title held by Balor. (Interview on WWE’s website)
– WWE showed U.K. wrestling Johnny Saint at ringside during the show.
– WWE continued to hype Sami Zayn returning to NXT.
– Triple H opened the broadcast playing the role of babyface NXT authority figure. Hunter, making his first WWE TV appearance since TLC, noted that he “got his ass beaten on Sunday” by Roman Reigns, but was not going to miss the Takeover special.