SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
In an abbreviated week for the stock market, WWE had one of their best weeks of the fall season.
By the end of the week, WWE was up nearly three dollars from last Monday’s closing price. The stock peaked at $19.01 on Wednesday, the highest point in two months.
WWE STOCK TRACK
– Monday, Dec. 21: Closing Price of $17.26 per share, up slightly from $17.20 on Friday.
The stock dipped as low as $16.87 per share.
– Tuesday, Dec. 22: Closing Price of $17.83 per share, up three percent from Monday’s close.
The stock hit as high as $18.11 per share, generating a financial industry report that WWE “breached its 50-day moving average in a bullish manner.”
– Wednesday, Dec. 23: Closing Price of $18.52 per share, up four percent from Tuesday’s close.
On the last full trading session of the week, investors were in a buying spirit with a high volume of trades.
The stock climbed as high as $19.01 per share. It was the first time above $19 since October 28, the day before WWE’s most-recent quarterly financial report.
A Wall Street publication noted in their summary of WWE’s big gainer: “WWE is performing above average with a weekly performance of 6.01 percent moving this week with a quarterly performance of 5.71 percent.”
– Thursday, Dec. 24: Closing Price of $18.77 per share, up one percent from Wednesday and up one full dollar from last Thursday’s peak price.
The market was open for a half-day, which produced minimal trade volume, but enough to push WWE to $18.90 as a peak.
– Friday, Dec. 25: Stock Market closed for Christmas.
Updated 2015 Scoresheet
- 2015 High – $23.63 (Aug. 6)
- 2015 Low – $9.82 (Jan. 20 – 52-week low)
- 52-Week Range – $9.82-23.63
- Current Market Value – $1.42 billion (up from $1.31 billion and $1.20 billion the past two weeks)