SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE taped the final Smackdown of 2015 and the final Smackdown airing on Syfy Tuesday night in Washington, D.C. with half of the crew available on the night…
WWE Smackdown Taping Results
December 29, 2015
Report by Tony Shadman @TheDarthTony & Alex Mahieu
Overall, a pretty uneventful night for the final Smackdown of 2015.
(1) The Dudleys & Kalisto beat WWE tag champions New Day in a six-man tag match. The best match of the night with high-paced action and Xavier Woods going through a table. New Day opened with a speech about New Year’s Resolutions, then the Lucha Dragons came out to challenge them. The Dudleys came out to lend them a helping hand to start things off.
(2) The Wyatts (Luke Harper & Braun Strowman w/Erick Rowan) beat The Usos via submission. Rowan interfered once, but was promptly kicked in the face. Underwhelming match ending with Strowman’s finisher.
(3) Tyler Breeze (w/Summer Rae) beat Goldust. Short match highlighting Breeze as a heel with a dirty finish. He ended with a promo teasing a “major announcement.”
(4) Brie Bella & Alicia Fox beat Tamina Snuka & Naomi without Sasha Banks. Brie won with her knockout X-Factor. What this match lacked in time was made up for in action, but it was still too short to be enjoyed fully.
(5) Dolph Ziggler beat Bo Dallas. Bo did way more victory laps than he should have while Ziggler was on the ground for much of the match. This dismal match ended with one superkick – probably the third move Ziggler connected with in the match.
(6) WWE World Hvt. champion Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose beat Sheamus & Kevin Owens via DQ in the main event. Nothing out of the ordinary, a standard crowd-pleaser. Ambrose got hurt halfway through outside the ring, but Reigns pulled it together for the win with all his usual moves. Overall, the star power in this match was not enough to make it good. It ended in a unconvincing fashion with Reigns being hit below the belt with help from the ringpost. What caused this match to be almost unbearable was the tease of an announce table finisher throughout the match but this never happened.