RECOMMENDED FREE NEW PODCAST - RAW POST-SHOW WITH KELLER...
(Search "wade keller" to subscribe in podcast app)
TORCH TODAY – Wednesday, January 20, 2016
– LIVECAST ALERT: PWTorch columnist Pat McNeill talks live with “Eugene” Nick Dinsmore at 5:00 EST today at PWTorchLivecast.com. Call in live with questions!
– TV SCHEDULE: Tonight’s NXT episode includes a big match of Samoa Joe vs. Johnny Gargano. … El Rey Network is airing a Lucha Underground marathon ahead of next Wednesday’s Season 2 premiere. … ROH TV on Comet TV has The Kingdom’s farewell match against ReDragon.
– The latest Royal Rumble odds have been released by international oddsmakers. Right now, Triple H is the favorite at +155 vs. The Field at -155, followed by Roman Reigns at +220 vs. The Field at -300 and Brock Lesnar at +310 vs. The Field at -430. (Thanks to PWTorch correspondent David)
– WWE wrapped up a long touring schedule by celebrating R-Truth’s birthday off-air at Tuesday night’s Smackdown TV taping. Truth, who turned 44 on Tuesday, was serenaded by the locker room. WWE released footage on their website.
– The Kliq is getting back together in Houston next month. Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and “X-Pac” Sean Waltman are scheduled for the 30th annual Houston Collectors Show presented by Tristar on Saturday, February 13.
Tons of big sports stars are scheduled for the event along with the Kliq trio. Tristar is offering individual photo-ops and autographs, or a $99 “Super Ticket” that includes an autograph and photo-op with all three. (Full Details)
– Bret Hart is getting into an interesting line of business in the area of corporate finance. Hart is partnering with Paul Pitcher of “First Down Funding” to create a new venture to provide funding to small and medium-sized businesses in the U.S. and Canada. Hart has launched “Sharp Shooter Funding” as part of the new venture. The goal is to help business owners receiving money to build their businesses. (Press Release)
– The Wall Street Journal reports that Gawker is looking for outside funding to help with their ongoing legal battle against Hulk Hogan. Gawker’s executive team believes they need additional resources to stay afloat as the legal battle marches on towards a scheduled trial date in March.
UPDATE: Gawker has reportedly sold a minority interest in its company to an investment company, Columbus Nova Technology Partners, in hopes of obtaining funding to last through the Hogan trial.
– Wrestling artist Michael Kingston has unveiled the next volume of his “Headlocked” comic book series titled “Headlocked: The Last Territory Volume 2.” The book includes contributions from A.J. Styles, John Morrison, Kazarian, Tony Atlas, and others. (Full Report by Scott Fishman of the Miami Herald)
– Celebrity WWE Hall of Famer Mike Tyson will be included in the next UFC video game along with C.M. Punk due out March 15. Tyson tweeted a video preview of his playable character.