WWE released a video documenting Shinsuke Nakamura’s arrival at WWE earlier this month to begin his new journey.
– Nakamura was shown arriving at WWE HQ in Stamford, Conn. to meet Vince McMahon, Triple H, and Stephanie McMahon. McMahon seemed to enjoy meeting Nakamura, saying he looks forward to working with him.
– Nakamura then traveled to the Performance Center in Florida to meet with his former New Japan colleague Matt Bloom (Tensai/Albert/Giant Bernard), who is the head trainer for NXT.
– Nakamura met up with various NXT wrestlers and trainees, including fellow Japanese wrestlers Asuka and Hideo Itami (KENTA).
Nakamura then entered “Shinsuke Nakamura mode” doing his signature ring poses in his signature wrestling gear for a photo and video shoot.
– The video included soundbytes from former colleagues A.J. Styles, Finn Balor (Prince Devitt in New Japan), and Kevin Owens discussing their excitement to see Nakamura arrive in WWE.
– Nakamura was shown talking and interacting with everyone in good English. He’s not in a position to cut a promo, but he has the ability to verbally connect with the audience in limited doses.
– The video included match footage of Nakamura wrestling for Rev Pro in England. Triple H identified Rev Pro as one of the promotions that NXT is looking to work with for the “Global Cruiserweight Series.”
App Users: swipe right to view next article, swipe left to view previous article.