WWE Raw TV News & Notes 3/21
– Raw opened with an “In Memory” for Mary Stewart, the deceased daughter of WWE cameraman Tom Stewart. Friends of Mary’s have set up a GoFundMe page to help pay for funeral expenses following her death. The contribution page is HERE at GoFundMe.com. (Thanks to Ben Tucker)
– Vince McMahon’s advertised announcement was that WrestleMania 32 will be The Undertaker’s final Mania if he does not beat Shane McMahon.
Neither Taker nor Shane appeared on Raw, so WWE ran a multi-segment hype video with various current and former WWE stars talking about the match. Neither was advertised for next week’s final Raw before WrestleMania.
– No matches, segments, or special appearances were advertised for next week’s final Raw before WM32.
– WWE World Hvt. champion Triple H made a brief appearance during Raw picking up Stephanie McMahon in the parking garage. Roman Reigns attacked Hunter, who then sped away with Stephanie.
– Overall, WWE seemed to hype Shane-Taker over Reigns-Hunter as the final match of WrestleMania. Included in one of the Shane-Taker videos was Chris Jericho saying over and over that the match has a “main event” feel.
– Terry Funk returned to WWE TV in a pre-taped vignette gifting Dean Ambrose his chainsaw to fight Brock Lesnar at WM32. This follows Mick Foley appearing on last week’s Raw to gift Ambrose his barbed wire baseball bat.
– In one of the better Raw TV matches of the year, IC champion Kevin Owens beat A.J. Styles in a non-title match. Styles lost when Chris Jericho came out to distract him, similar to how Owens-Styles ended last Thursday on Smackdown.
– U.S. champion Kalisto and Ryback did not appear on Raw to promote their U.S. Title match at WM32.
– No title matches occurred on Raw.
– Advertised for Smackdown is Brock Lesnar appearing on the show from Boston.