SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE Live Show Results
March 26, 2016
Report by Justin Hix, PWTorch reader
Great card, excellent matches, and a hot crowd. Close to a sell-out.
(1) A.J. Styles beat Tyler Breeze to kick off the show. Styles got a huge pop and a victory with the Phenomenal Forearm. Very competitive, athletic match.
(2) Hype Bros. (Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley) beat The Ascension (Konnor & Viktor).
(3) The Miz beat Jack Swagger.
(4) WWE tag champions New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods w/Big E.) beat The Usos and The Dudleys in a triple threat tag match to retain the WWE Tag Titles. Most entertaining match of night for sure. Interestingly, New Day seemed heelish. They ripped a fan’s sign, Big E. interfered, and New Day stole victory from the Usos after a splash off the top onto D-Von.
(5) Sasha Banks & Becky Lynch beat Naomi & Tamina in a Divas tag match. Both Sasha and Becky had big pops. They picked up the easy win.
(6) Divas champion Charlotte (w/Ric Flair) beat Natalya to retain the Divas Title. The finish looked messed up. Nattie smacked Ric Flair and Charlotte rolled her up. Nattie kicked out, and the ref only counted two, but said it was three and rang the bell. Fans were perturbed and didn’t know what to think. Charlotte left fast; she didn’t stick around to celebrate.
(7) Sami Zayn beat IC champion Kevin Owens via DQ; Owens retained the Intercontinental Title. Owens was advertised to take on Dean Ambrose in street fight, so everyone was surprised when Sami came out. Really good match that ended poorly. KO got DQ’d for stomping on Sami in the corner for a five count. Figured Owens would get disqualified, but not like that. Poor end to an otherwise good match.
After the match, Owens talked trash to the crowd, then went to powerbomb Zayn, who turned it into a Helluva Kick. Zayn stood tall afteward.
(8) Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose beat League of Nations (Sheamus & King Barrett) in a main event tag team match. Surprisingly big pop for Reigns and of course Ambrose. Reigns continues to come out from stage, rather than the crowd. Reigns and Ambrose got the victory to close the show.