SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
This week’s WWE Smackdown TV ratings fell hard a few days before the Payback PPV. Nothing was advertised in-advance and the episode went against the NFL Draft.
WWE Smackdown TV Ratings Tracking
April 28: Smackdown leading into Payback scored a 1.54 rating, down 10 percent from last week’s 1.71 rating.
Similar to Monday’s Raw, Smackdown drew by far the lowest TV rating of the year. Also similar to Raw, the previous low was in December 2015.
Smackdown drew 2.109 million viewers, down 13 percent (about 320,000 viewers) from last week.
It was the fewest viewers of the year and also the fewest since December.
– DEMOGRAPHICS: Smackdown fell to year-lows in each key demographic.
- Adults 18-49 fell one-tenth of a rating from last week to a year-low
- Males 18-49 fell 19 percent from last week to a year-low
- Males 18-34 fell one-tenth of a rating from last week to a year-low
– Last year’s Smackdown against Night 1 of the NFL Draft took a similar tumble.
The April 30, 2015 episode fell 16 percent in the TV rating and 12 percent in TV viewership.
The issue is last year’s episode on Syfy still drew a 1.62 rating and 2.338 million viewers and Smackdown was in the 1.9s before and after the episode against the Draft.
Removing this week’s poor TV rating, Smackdown is currently in the 1.7s one year removed.