RECOMMENDED NEW PODCAST - EX-WWE CREATIVE TEAM MEMBER DISHES ON BACKSTAGE WWE OPERATIONS...
(Search "wade keller" to subscribe in podcast app)
Monday’s WWE Raw following the Payback PPV reversed the downward trend since WrestleMania.
WWE Raw TV Ratings Tracking
May 2: WWE Raw scored a 2.35 rating the night after Payback, up from a 2.20 rating last week.
To put the number in perspective, the rating was well below the 2016 average of a 2.54 rating. Also, the show did slightly better than the taped U.K. Raw on April 18.
– Raw’s three hours averaged 3.432 million viewers, up 10 percent (about 300,000 viewers) from last week. Hourly Break Down:
- First Hour: 3.458 million viewers for immediate PPV fall-out
- Second Hour: 3.457 million viewers
- Third Hour: 3.383 million viewers. A decline of only two percent is a small victory for Raw’s third hour.
– DEMOGRAPHICS: Raw improved one-tenth of a rating in adults 18-49 and males 18-34 compared to last week’s year-low levels. The improvement was more pronounced in males 18-49, surpassing U.K. Raw from two weeks ago.
Analysis: It’s an uptick, which is good. But, it’s still in that historical low territory. It will be interesting to see how the next two Raws fare without a PPV to follow up on.