WWE Raw TV News & Notes 9/26
– The big item on Raw was Seth Rollins “not medically cleared to wrestle” on Monday night after suffering a rib injury at the Clash of the Champions PPV on Sunday. Rollins tried to crash Raw in the main event segment involving Universal champion Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho, but he was restrained by officials and GM Mick Foley.
– In a re-match from the Clash PPV, Roman Reigns retained the U.S. Title against Rusev. It was a double count-out, though, keeping the door open for a likely re-match.
– New Day retained the Raw Tag Titles against The Club in a re-match from the Clash. This time, New Day did not use interference to beat The Club, seemingly ending The Club’s run at the Tag Titles.
– Sheamus & Cesaro were put together as a tag team to go after the Tag Titles as their reward for the Best-of-Seven Series. Mick Foley decided not to have a decisive seventh match in the series for fear of them injuring each other. So, he put them together as a tag team to go after the tag belts.
– For next week’s Raw, WWE set up Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks for the Women’s Title and T.J. Perkins vs. Brian Kendrick for the Cruiserweight Title.
– CWC wrestlers Drew Gulak, Lince Dorado, and Tony Nese made their Raw TV debut. Gulak & Dorado lost to Rich Swann & Cedric Alexander in a tag match, then Nese lost to TJP in a non-title singles match.