ROH Final Battle 2016 PPV Results
December 2, 2016
New York, New York
By Pat McNeill, PWTorch columnist
@PWPonderings reports that Will Ferrara & Cheeseburger defeated The Tempura Boys in the dark match.
The show opens with ROH World Champion Adam Cole doing his “Story Time” promo, which is already up on YouTube.
Bobby Fish has been removed from the TV Title match, which will now be Marty Scurll defending against Dragon Lee and Will Ospreay in a three-way match.
Motor City Machine Guns & Donovan Dijak vs.
All Night Xpress The Cabinet The Rebellion is the opener.
Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino are your announcers. The Hammerstein Ballroom looks full, but there have already been several audio issues with the stream.
(1) The Rebellion defeated Motor City Machine Guns & Donovan Dijak in 12 minutes when Rhett Titus pinned Chris Sabin with a frog splash.
(2) Silas Young (w/ Beer City Bruiser) defeated Jushin Liger after hitting Misery. The match was built around Young trying to remove Liger’s mask. Bruiser jumped up on the apron to cause a distraction that led to the finish.
(3) Dalton Castle (w/ The Boys) vs. Colt Cabana. Castle’s entrance featured The Boys pulling Castle to the ring in a rickshaw.
Rhodes Runnels (w/ Brandi Runnels) defeated Jay Lethal with Cross Rhodes. The Addiction interrupted the ring introductions and inserted themselves at ringside as guest commentators. This was a long match. The finish came when referee Todd Sinclair bumped heads with Lethal and Cody hit a low blow to set up the finish. Yes, Cody turned heel.
(5) The Kingdom (Matt Taven, TK O’Ryan & Vinny Marseglia) defeated Lio Rush, Jay White & Kushida to become the first ROH Six Man Champions when Taven pinned Rush. Rush had the match won when Marseglia deliberately bumped the referee. The Kingdom came back and hit their triple team finisher to win. A lot of dives in this match.
(6) Marty Scurll defeated Dragon Lee & Will Ospreay to retain the ROH Television Title when Scurll forced Lee to submit to the chicken wing. The announcers stated that Bobby Fish is absent due to a death in the family.
(7) The Young Bucks defeated The Briscoes for the ROH World Tag Team Titles. The Bucks closed out the match by hitting a flurry of superkicks and covering both Briscoes for the victory. After the match, Matt Hardy appeared on the big screen, to announce that he and Brother Nero were coming to the Honorable Ring to claim the tag team titles.
Nigel McGuinness joined Kevin Kelly on commentary.
(8) Kyle O’Reilly defeated Adam Cole by submission in a no disqualification match to win the ROH World Heavyweight Title. The two rivals used tables, trashcans, chains and thumbtacks in the match before O’Reilly was able to apply the cross armbreaker for the victory. Cary Silkin presented O’Reilly with the championship belt after the match.