WADE KELLER PODCAST - EARLY PREVIEW OF ROYAL RUMBLE 2020 MEN'S MATCH, PLUS 2019 AND 2010 LOOK-BACK ROUNDTABLES
(Search "wade keller" to subscribe in podcast app or CLICK HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.)
RADICAN’S PWG “BOLA 2017: FINAL STAGE REPORT”
SEPT. 3, 2017
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT HIGHSPOTS.COM
The official trailer for PWG “BOLA 2017: Final Stage”:
Excalibur and PWG World Champion Chuck Taylor are your commentators.
(1) Dezmond Xavier vs. Ricochet in a PWG BOLA 2017 Second Round match. Xavier upset Brian Cage to advance to the second round of the tournament. Ricochet is coming over a win over Flamita in the first round. Both men shook hands before the match started. They went at it hot and heavy at the start and Xavier caught Ricochet with a hurricanrana that he turned into a pinning combination for a 2 count. Ricochet fired back out of the corner and hit a roll into a John Woo kick. Ricochet had the upper hand and worked over Xavier for an extended period of time. He nailed Xavier with a slap to the face and that fired Xavier up. He fired back and took Ricochet down with a cutter. Xavier hit the Sasuke special and both men had an awkward landing into some chairs at ringside as it looked like Ricochet tried to catch him and hold him. Xavier hit an outside in 818 and then did a handspring into a kick on Ricochet for a near fall. WOW! They went back and forth a short time later and Ricochet got a modified flatliner, a corkscrew brainbuster, and a standing SSP for a near fall. The flatliner looked like it didn’t come off smoothly, but Ricochet did a good job of pulling the sequence together. Xavier went for a victory star drop and had a hard time hitting it, but he eventually pulled it off for a 2 count. Ricochet hit a series of kicks capped by the benadriller for a near fall. Ricochet wente for another benadriller, but Xavier blocked it and hit a kick to the head. Xavier went for a jumping dragoncanrana, but Ricochet blocked it and dumped him to the the mat. He then hit a jumping flatliner for the win.
Winner: Ricochet to advance to the third round of BOLA 2017
Star rating: (***½) – This was a good fast-paced match to kick the show off. Some of the spots didn’t come off smoothly, but overall they did a nice job of setting the stage for the rest of the show with a quality opening match.
Marty Scurll cut a promo on Travis Banks before their second round match. He bragged about being the reigning BOLA champion to Banks. He told Banks to just walk out of the ring to save himself the embarrassment. He said he would give Banks until the count of three to leave. Banks teased leaving the ring. Scurll went to brag to the crowd, but Banks ran back into the ring and rolled him up for a 2 count. Scurll still had the mic and he said, “Oh s–t!” when he saw Banks setting up for a dive. Scurll continued to run down the fans on the mic before getting back into the ring.
(2) Marty Scurll vs. Travis Banks in a PWG BOLA 2017 Second Round match. Scrull got the upper hand and began working over Banks’s arm. Banks fired back and hit a shotgun dropkick. Scurll tried to follow him into the corner a short time later and Banks sent him flying into the turnbuckles by kicking his legs out from under him at the last second. They traded pinning combinations and came to a stalemate after a series of back and forth 2 counts. Banks and Scurll went back and forth once again, but Scurll caught him with an uppercut as he came off the second turnbuckle. He then hit a buckle bomb and then a running Yakuza kick for a 2 count. Scurll blocked the kiwi kick out of the corner and he went for the chicken wing. Banks slipped coming out of the corner as he tried to surprise Scrull. Banks tried to fight out of it. Scurll tried to snap his fingers apart, but Banks fought out of it and eventually hit the kiwi crusher for a 2 count. He then locked in the border city escape. Scurll finally escaped and he grabbed Banks’s hands and snapped his fingers apart. Scurll then did an elaborate set up for the chicken wing, but Banks countered him into a jackknife cradle for the win. WOW!
Winner: Travis Banks to advance to the third round of BOLA 2017
Star rating: (***) – The match was pretty much dominated by Scurll until Banks surprised him with the chicken wing. The crowd exploded for the surprise finish, which came off really well after Scurll spent an eternity dancing around to set up the chicken wing.
(3) Keith Lee vs. Donovan Dijak in a PWG BOLA 2017 Second Round match. The fans chanted for both men as they went face to face and stared around the building. Lee backed up and then they locked horns to kick things off. They went back and forth and came to a stalemate. Dijak got in his face and said, “feast your eyes.” Lee was about to hit his catch phrase, but Dijak shoved him. It sounded like something in the ring broke, but they continued to go at it. They ended up in the corner and Dijak went for a monkey flip, but Lee landed on his feet! The fans went nuts and Dijak sold shock. Lee told Dijak to bask in his glory, so Dijak kicked him in the face and went to town on him with kicks. It looked like DIjak wiped out a fan when Lee clotheslined him over the top to the apron. Lee went to the apron with DIjak. He set up for a piledriver, but DIjak blocked it. He then hit a chokeslam on the apron and the crowd gasped. WOW! They went back and forth on the outside and Lee wouldn’t go down. Dijak nailed him with a rolling kick and he went into the apron. Dijak went for a Fosbury flop, but Lee caught him and sent him flying into the ringpost. Lee set up for a flip dive over the top to the floor and connected as the fans went nuts. Holy s–t!
Dijak fought out of a spirit bomb, but Lee turned him inside out with a big elbow a short time later and both men were down. Both men got up and began trading shots. Lee hit a combination of strikes and a headbutt. He hit a running crossbody to Dijak’s back and then nearly pounced Dijak out of the ring. WOW! That was an insane combination. Dijak managed to flip his way out of another big move from Lee. Dijak went for a kick, but Lee blocked it and flipped him all the way over and Dijak landed on his back for a 2 count. They battled up top and Dijak dumped Lee out to the apron. Dijak yelled at Lee to stay down as he had him by the neck on the apron. Lee chopped his hand away and went back up top with Dijak. Dijak got Lee up on his back and hit an avalanche sit out spinebuster for a near fall. WOW! Lee rolled out to the floor and Dijak crawled after him. He yelled at Lee to stay down. Dijak then hit a springboard cancun tornado to the floor to wipe out Lee and the fans lost their minds! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Dijak set up for a chokeslam, but Lee flipped out of it! Lee then popped up Dijak for the spirit bomb, but he got right up and nailed him with a thrust kick and then a moonsault press of the top! OH MY GOD. Lee kicked out at 2 and sat up while holding Dijak in his arms! He glared at Dijak and then rolled backwards while holding Dijak. He popped Dijak up and hit a HUGE powerslam for a nearfall. HOLY S–T! THAT WAS NUTS! The fans went nuts yelling for both men back and forth.
Lee went up top and hit a moonsault press, but Dijak kicked out at 1. Lee sold shock as the fans went insane. WOW! THIS IS NUTS! Dijak fired up in the corner as the fans went crazy. Lee ran at Dijak and hit a double overhand chop. He hit another double overhand chop. Dijak laughed at Lee and told him to bring it. Dijak ducked a double overhand chop. He got Lee up on the top turnbuckle. He then lifted him into position and hit feast your eyes. Lee kicked out at one big show style and sent Dijak flying to the floor. THIS MATCH IS TRULY INSANE! Dijak went up top and told Keith to stay down. He went for a flip dive, but Lee caught him and hit a spirit bomb, but Dijak kicked out at the very last second! WOW! The fans chanted both these guys as both men tried to crawl to their feet. A fight forever chant broke out. Lee staggered to his feet and Dijak was still trying to crawl to the floor. Lee grabbed his foot and dragged him into the ring. Dijak turned over and he was holding their MonStars jerseys. He tried to hand Lee his jersey. Lee took it and Dijak put on his jersey. Lee put the jersey over his head and Dijak nailed Lee with a kick. The fans booed and Dijak got Lee up for feast your eyes. He hit it, but Lee didn’t go down! Lee powered up and charged at Dijak. He hit another powerslam out of the DVD position for the win! That was AMAZING.
Winner: Keith Lee to advance to the third round of BOLA 2017
Star rating: (*****) – After seeing these two guys cut their teeth in Beyond Wrestling, it was amazing to see them put on an all-time classic at BOLA. This was an amazing back and forth display of power moves and counter wrestling. The fighting spirit spots down the stretch were insane. You’ll probably watch this match multiple times once you buy this release.
(4) PWG World Tag Team Champion Rey Fenix vs. Zack Sabre Jr. in a PWG BOLA 2017 Second Round match. They went back and forth trading submissions on the mat during the early going. The fans were split in their support for Sabre. Sabre tied Fenix up and hit the Liger pose before walking away. They went back and forth again on the mat and Sabre bridged himself out of a troublesome spot and they came to a stalemate. Things got heated as they went back and forth on the mat. Both men ended up rolling into the mat and the ref held them apart before they went at it again. Sabre had the upper hand and went after Fenix’s leg on the mat, but they eventually ended up in the ropes once again after Fenix countered him. Fenix got the upper hand and flipped Sabre onto his knees before backing away. Sabre got the upper hand and kicked away at Fenix’s head with one foot while he had him pinned with the other in the corner. Fenix fired back and hit a double springboard stomp to the apron. He then hit a double springboard moonsault for a 2 count.
Sabre ended up picking up Fenix by his next while he was sitting up top. He then let go and came down to the mat in an arm bar. He got a triangle on Fenix, who tried to powerbomb his way out. Sabre held on the first time, but Fenix managed to hit a Liger bomb to escape the triangle a short time later and both men were down. They went back and forth. Sabre ducked a 818 in the corner. He then hit a HUGE running uppercut and a PK and both men were down once again! They went at it off the ropes. Fenix went for a rolling ace crusher and Sabre turned it into a cross armbreaker. He then transitioned into a dragon sleeper with both arms captured. Sabre then went after Fenix’s legs before releasing the hold. They went back and forth exchanging strikes. Fenix hit a spin kick in the corner, but Sabre fired right back. They continued to go back and forth until Fenix hit a rolling ace crusher and both men were down again! Fenix popped up, but Sabre got the dragon sleeper once again. Fenix flipped over Sabre, but Sabre got the octopus hold. He then grounded Fenix and got a double arm submission. Fenix escaped and they went back and forth going for pinning combinations. Fenix countered Sabre and then bridged back into a pinning combination for the win!
Winner: Rey Fenix to advance to the third round of BOLA 2017
Star rating: (***¾) – This was a very good match. Sabre dominated the bulk of the action until Fenix countered him and got the win with a bridging pinning combination.
(5) Jeff Cobb vs. Sammy Guevara in a PWG BOLA 2017 Second Round match. Guevara is coming off a win over Joey Janela in the first round. Jeff Cobb beat Sami Callihan. Both men had their first round matches at Stage Two of BOLA 2017. Cobb offered a handshake and Guevara gave him the double bird and slapped him across the face. Cobb got the upper hand, but Guevara countered him and sent him to the floor with a hurricanrana. He went for a Fosbury flop, but he missed Cobb and ended up recovering and nailing him with a double stomp off a chair. That went about as well as it could have considering how far Guevara overshot Cobb. They brawled near the stage and Guevara countered Cobb. He went up to the production area and hit a corkscrew dive off the table into the crowd to wipe out Cobb. WOW! Both men brawled back into the ring. Cobb absolutely tagged Guevara with a strike, but couldn’t capitalize. Guevara went up top and hit a SSP press, but Cobb did a Big Show kick out at 2. Guevara got Cobb on his back and did two squats before hitting a Samoan drop. Cobb got right up and Guevara played to the crowd before turning around into a sick headbutt from Cobb. Cobb hit a standing moonsault, but missed a standing SSP. Guevara went up top for a SSP and Cobb caught him. WOW! He then hit a huge belly to belly on Guevara. He followed up with tour of the island for the win! WOW!
Winner: Jeff Cobb to advance to the third round of BOLA 2017
Star rating: (***½) – Guevara disrespected Cobb early in the match and this didn’t do him any favors, as Cobb kept mounting comebacks despite Guevara connecting with a ton of high-flying offense. The finish was impressive as hell with Cobb catching Guevara doing a SSP and then hitting a belly to belly overhead throw before finishing him off with tour of the islands.
(6) PWG World Tag Team Champion Penta El Zero M vs. Matt Riddle in a PWG BOLA 2017 Second Round match. Penta did the cero miedo hand gesture in Penta’s face. Riddle fired back with a hang loose bro hand gesture. They went back and forth and Penta took his glove off and did his hand gesture again. They continued to go back and forth trading hand gestures until Penta surprised Riddle with a combination hand/leg submission. Penta let it go and went for another cero miedo hand gesture, but Riddle caught him with a flying armbar and did the bro gesture. They went back and forth trading submissions as the fans fired up. Penta teased a handshake, but nailed Riddle with an overhand chop. They went back and forth trading chops. Penta tore his shirt open and told Riddle to have it. They went back and forth trading big chops. They went to an exchange off the ropes that ended with Penta hitting a sling blade for a 2 count. They traded turns on the advantage. Riddle hit a series of gutwrench suplexes on Penta. Penta fired back and went after Riddle’s arm and pinned it on the mat. He then grabbed Riddle’s other arm and cranked back on it. Riddle tried to fight it, but Riddle managed to throw him off. Penta countered Riddle and hit the here it is driver for a 2 count.
Penta went up to the second rope and took his time to hit his hand gesture. Riddle popped up and nailed him with a big strike. Penta fought him off and hit a jumping destroyer. Riddle fired back and caught Penta with a destroyer of his own off the ropes. Penta countered Riddle and hit another destroyer. Penta turned his back and Riddle popped up and nailed him with another destroyer and both men were down! WOW! They went at it on the apron a short time later trading HUGE chops. Riddle finally hit a knee to the chest and a fisherman buster on the apron and the fans went nuts. WOW! Riddle set up for a dive, but Penta cut him off with a kick. Penta then hit a package piledriver on the apron. HOLY S–T! Penta took a moment to pour some water over his head. He grabbed a tiny portable fan from a fan. He took it up top and set up for a dive, but Riddle nailed him with a jumping knee. Riddle hit bro to sleep and a German with a bridge for a near fall. Penta went for a springboard, but Riddle caught him and set up for a rear naked choke, but Penta shook him off. Riddle caught him with a Gotch tombstone. He then nailed Penta with several elbow strikes before locking in the bro mission for the win.
Winner: Matthew Riddle to advance to the third round of BOLA 2017
Star rating: (****) – This was a great back and forth match that had the crowd into the action the entire time. Both men unloaded on each other before Riddle put Penta away with a series of huge moves to end the match capped by the bromission.
The second round matches had a 30 minute time limit, but I should note that the following semi-final round matches have a 45 minute time limit.
The second round matches had a 30 minute time limit, but I should note that the following semi-final round matches have a 45 minute time limit.
(7) Travis Banks vs. Ricochet in a PWG BOLA 2017 Semi-Final Round match. The match began with Banks hitting a dive on Ricochet. Banks hit another dive and went on the attack inside the ring a short time later. Ricochet fired back and hit a dive of his own followed by a springboard elbow and the fans fired up. Ricochet dropped Banks neck first over the top rope and followed up with a neck breaker. Ricochet went for the people’s moonsault, but Banks got out of the way. Ricochet tried to follow Banks into the corner, but he tripped him and sent him flying into the turnbuckles. He then hit a cannonball splash into the corner and the fans fired up. Ricochet tried to roll through on Banks and hit an ace crusher, but Banks cut him off with a clothesline. Banks followed up with a John Woo kick into the corner. He then elevated himself in the corner and dropped a double knee down on Ricochet. Ricochet fired back and rolled through and nailed Banks with a dropkick. He hit a standing SSP, but only got a 2 count. He hit a lung blower in the corner a short time later, but Banks kicked out at 2. The fans fired up and chanted back and forth for both men. Ricochet slapped Banks and taunted him as he tried to get to his feet. He then began hitting boot scrapes on Banks. Ricochet went for the benadriller, but Banks avoided the kick and hit a kiwi crusher for a 2 count. He then applied the Gargano escape.
They went back and forth trading bombs. Ricochet hit several forearms and strikes, but Banks fired back. They ended up trading blows and Ricochet ended up countering the prawn hold into the brain spiller for a 2 count and both men were down. They went back and forth once again. Ricochet caught Banks up top with the Venus hammer. They battled up top and Banks fought off an avalanche flatliner attempt. Ricochet jumped up top and hit a moonsault belly-to-belly off top for a near fall. WOW! Ricochet nailed Banks with a kick to the head and then a roundhouse kick to the head. Banks countered Ricochet and got the prawn hold for a near fall. Ricochet got up and hit the elevated flatliner a short time later for the win.
Winner: Ricochet to advance to the finals of BOLA 2017
Star rating: (****) – This was a really good back and forth match. Ricochet hit an amazing moonsault belly to belly off the top late in the match. They did a nice callback to Banks’s upset over Scurll in the second round with him getting the prawn hold late before Ricochet got the win in the end.
(8) PWG World Tag Team Champion Rey Fenix vs. Keith Lee in a PWG BOLA 2017 Semi-Final Round match. I can’t imagine wrestling another match after the match Lee had with Dijak in the second round. The fans sang ohhhhh bask in his glory at Lee. The fans then chanted for both men after the opening bell rang. Fenix offered Lee a fist bump and Lee obliged. Fenix hit a combination of strikes and went for a rolling ace crusher, but Lee fought him off. He then turned Fenix inside out with a big lariat and the fans fired up. Fenix tried to fire back with a pair of overhand chops, but went down after one big chop from Lee. Fenix tried to fire back with chops once again, but Lee fired back with a HUGE double chop. Lee sold Fenix’s chops and a couple of fans put their portable fans up against Lee’s chest to heal him when he slumped against the ropes. Fenix ducked a charge in the corner and sent Lee flying with a missile dropkick. He sent Lee to the floor and nailed him with a suicide dive. Lee didn’t go down. Fenix hit a second suicide dive, but Lee didn’t go down. Fenix then hit a flip dive and Lee caught him and powerbombed him into the ringpost. WOW! The fans went nuts and chanted for Lee. Lee went to the second turnbuckle, but Fenix popped up and cut him off. He then went for a frankensteiner, but Lee blocked it and hit an avalanche spirit bomb for a near fall! Lee immediately got up and hit the DVD into the jackhammer for the win!
Winner: Keith Lee to advance to the finals of BOLA 2017
Star rating: (***½) – This was short, but really good. Lee dominated with his power and Fenix just could not ground him with his high-flying and Lee ended up getting the win in the end.
Sami Callihan got on the mic before the tag match could start. He said Trevor Lee had a big announcement. Lee said BOLA was the last time for a lot of them. He said when they win, the whole team would get Impact Wrestling contracts. Walter didn’t seem to want one. Lee pointed out that they had a numbers advantage over the other team 5-4. Rey Horus is out with an injury. Callihan began jawing with Chuck Taylor, who was on commentary. The fans started a HUGE Chucky T chant. Taylor ended up making his way down to the ring to be on Team Janela, which got a HUGE pop. Taylor was wearing flip flops and said he had to go get dressed. Taylor went to the back while Team Trevor jumped Team Janela.
(10) Team Janela (Joey Janela & Chuck Taylor & Flamita & Mark Haskins & Flash Webster Morgan vs. Team Trevor (Jonah Rock & Walter & Brian Cage & Sami Callihan & Trevor Lee) in a 10 Man Tag match. Everyone brawled on the outside at the start. Webster tricked Callihan and Lee into taking a headbutt to the chest. He tried the same trick on Rock, but ended up hurting himself. Flash got cut off and Walter hit a HUGE slam on him. The fans booed Lee when he tagged in. A portion of the fans started a Chang for Lee. He cut Flash off from tagging out. Webster rolled through on Callihan and Max’s the hot tag to Janela, who hit a big suicide dive to the floor. Walter finally cut Janela off with a high kick and the fans chanted Walter over and over. Walter got Rock on his back and sandwiched Jamela at one point. That was NUTS! Walter got Callihan and Lee on his back, but Janela got out of the way and eventually tagged in Haskins, who ran wild on Cage.
Haskins got cut off and Sami worked him over with a headlock. Taylor was still in the back putting his gear on. Janela said F–k Jeff Jarrett and Lee flipped out on the apron while Walter worked over Haskins. That was tremendous. Taylor finally got up on the apron, but he forgot his wrist tape so he left and went to the back, so Haskins continued to take a beating. The fans chanted safety first. Team Lee tagged in and out to hold a vertical suplex on Haskins, but he ended up countering Callihan into a swinging DDT. Flamita got the hot tag and ran wild! Walter ran in to stop his momentum. Flamita landed on his feet on a German, but got turned inside out with a clothesline. The action broke down with both teams going back and forth. Cage was holding Haskins and Flash came off the top, but he caught him on his shoulder and slammed them both to the mat! Wow! They went to a big series of moves and Lee hit his reverse cross body and everyone was down. Taylor came down to the ring to get the hot tag and the fans fired up. He went to town on Team Lee. He drop kicked Walter into Rock. Taylor continued to run wild as the fans fired up. He hit a flip dive over the top to the floor to wipe out a pile of man. Taylor accidentally hit Janela with a spin buster thinking it was Lee. He then got isolated and took a series of moves in the corner. Taylor countered Lee and Team Janela turned the tide and Lee took a series of moves on the corner. Walter and Rock ran into each other by accident and began fighting. They ended up brawling to the back.
Lee took T.K. Cooper’s crutch. Cooper got up on the apron and grabbed it back from him. Taylor hit a powerbomb on Lee and an awful waffle for the win.
Winners: Joey Janela & Flamita & Flash Morgan Webster & Chuck Taylor & Mark Haskins
Star rating: (***1/2) – This was a really fun ten man tag filled with comedy and fast-paced wrestling. I liked the setup for Rock vs. Walter down the line as well.
(11) Jeff Cobb vs. Keith Lee vs. Ricochet – Three way BOLA 2017 Final Round match. Lee and Cobb wanted a three way test of strength but Ricochet slapped their hands away and chopped them both. They went to a big sequence that saw Ricochet outfox Cobb and Lee. Cobb them pounced Ricochet into Lee for a double pounce! Ricochet tried going after Lee and Cobb later in the match, but Cobb tossed him all the way across the ring and he landed at Lee’s feet. The crowd chanted for Lee to toss him back. Lee paused and then tossed Ricochet back at Cobb. The fans chanted toss him back again. Ricochet finally countered them. He sent Lee into Cobb in the corner and then hit a poison rana and Lee and everyone was down! Wow!!
The fans chanted for all three me as they were slow to get up. Ricochet hit an overhead toss on Lee into the turnbuckles. He then wiped out Cobb with a dive over the ringpost to the floor followed by a springboard 450. Cobb kicked out and Ricochet wiped out Lee with a dive over the ringpost to the floor. He hit a 450 on Lee but he did the Big Show kick out at 2. Ricochet hit a SSP, but Lee grabbed him by the throat, Cobb got involved and all three men went at it. Ricochet hit his rolling suplex sequence on Covb! Wow!! Lee then lifted Ricochet high into the air and planted him on the mat. Everyone ended up down on the mat. They went to a three way strike battle. Ricochet kept getting sent packing as Cobb and Lee continued to go at it. Cobb finally hit a German, but only got a 2 count. Lee ht a big spirit bomb on Cobb a short time later, but Cobb kicked out at the last second. Lee went up top, but Ricochet came out of nowhere and nailed him with a kick. He then hit a super poison rana on Lee. He hit a 530 on Cobb. He tried to lift Lee for the benadriller and hit it! Holy s–t!! Ricochet hit the 630 on Lee, but he kicked out! Are you kidding me?! The announcers mentioned Ricochet hadn’t hooked the leg.
Cobb blocked a benadriller and hit a pump handle exploder. Cobb popped Ricochet up into a belly to belly suplex for a 2 count. Lee ended up eliminating Cobb with a DVD into a power slam! He went for it on Ricochet, but he countered it into a small package for the win! WOW! Ricochet is the first ever two time BOLA winner!!
Winner: Ricochet to become the 2017 BOLA Champion
Star rating: (****) – This was really good. Ricochet used his high flying to overcome the two big men in the match. His counter wrestling saved him in the end. Great stuff from all three guys here.
After the match, Ricochet get on the mic and put over Lee and Cobb. He then put over Rick Knox the ref. He then put himself over as the king of Reseda. He said he’s the only two time BOLA winner. He said it was sweet to have Uncle Meltzer at his side. He said the winner wasn’t a number of legends or current top names. He said the winner was Ricochet. He said the last thing he needs to check off his bucket list is to he the PWG Title off Chuck Taylor’s skinny fat waste. He said he’s the champion and not Cobb or Lee can change that, which drew some boos. Lee stared him down from the ring. Taylor came up and confronted Ricochet. He said Taylor has been with him since the beginning, but he’s surpassed him to heights he will never reach. He said the PWG Title is the last thing he needs to check off before he heads to bigger and better places. The crowd gasped.
Taylor got on the mic and said he could have his title match. He said tonight was about Cobb and Lee and the fans applauded. The fans started a BOLA chant. Lee got on the mic and said Ricochet was spitting BS on the mic. He said tonight is about BOLA and the fans. Lee said they have everything for the fans regardless of results. A fan told Lee he’s fat skinny not skinny fat. He said he would rave by saying thank you on behalf of PWG. The fans stood and gave a HUGE applause. Cobb was left alone in the ring. He said what that guy said and left. The fans then changed PWG to end the show.
Overall Score: (9.5) – Watching this show gave me such a great feeling when it was over. I was very satisfied with how this tournament played out from start to finish. The crowd was great for most of the tournament, despite the heat in the venue. Keith Lee had at tremendous tournament. He really stood out throughout the tournament. Ricochet had a good tournament as well. He had some very good matches and his performance in the finals and his post-match promo to set up a match against Taylor for the PWG Championship was great as well. The final three rounds of the tournament had some incredible matches, but Keith Lee vs. Donovan Dijak was the best indie match I’ve seen all year. I would put it in the same league as the matches from the Omega vs. Okada trilogy in NJPW. They tore the house down and had the crowd going nuts with a crazy back and forth effort that seemingly wouldn’t end due to neither man staying down for long throughout the match. Riddle vs. Penta and Ricochet vs. Banks were really good as well.
Sometimes it’s hard to get excited for the finals after seeing so many good matches, but I think PWG did a great job this year pitting Ricochet against two huge guys in Lee and Cobb. The match played out nicely and Cobb and Lee were extremely impressive here before Ricochet slipped by with the win in the end. I thought the match was perfectly paced and had the right length given how tired the crowd must have been by this point. The crowd was really good for the main event and the setup for Ricochet vs. Chuck Taylor for the PWG Championship.
I give PWG BOLA 2017 my highest recommendation. The tournament got better and better as it went on. There were so many great matches with an incredible roster of talent. This is a must for any fan of indie wrestling. I cannot emphasize how satisfied I felt after watching all three nights of the tournament unfold.
ATTENTION: You can buy PWG “BOLA 2017: Final Stage” on DVD/Blu-Ray by visiting HIGHSPOTS.COM. For more information on PWG, visit ProWrestlingGuerrilla.com. You can also subscribe to highspotswrestlingnetwork.com to access the PWG back catalog dating back to BOLA 2016, new shoot interview, documentaries, and new shows from CZW, WXW, and AAW.