The following report was published on PWTorch.com 15 years ago this weekend…
WWE Raw “Unleashed” house show report
June 21, 2003
Hartford, Conn. at the Civic Center
Report by Rob McGuinness of Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
Estimated Attendance: 4,000-5,000.
Floor and mid-level seats sold fairly well, HCC was about 1/3 full. The upper section of the arena was completely empty.
(1) Scott Steiner defeated Test via pinfall at 6:08.
(2) Christian defeated Booker T via pinfall at 7:09 to retain the Intercontinental Championship.
(3) Goldust defeated Rico via pinfall at 9:37.
(4) Randy Orton defeated Maven via pinfall at 8:10. Match definitely got slow for a few minutes, prompting a “boring” chant from the audience.
(5) Jazz battled Victoria to a no-contest at 1:02 to retain the Women’s Championship. Rodney Mack & Christopher Nowinski interfered to end the match. Spike Dudley attempted to make the save as Mack and Nowinski pounded Victoria. The Dudley Boyz appeared moments later and cleared the ring.
(6) The Dudley Boyz defeated Rodney Mack & Christopher Nowinski via pinfall at 11:27 with the 3-D. The Dudley Boyz easily earned the biggest pop of the night.
(7) La Resistance defeated Kane & Rob Van Dam via pinfall at 12:16. RVD accidentally drop-kicked Kane from the top rope and La Resistance capitalized. One of the more solid matches of the evening.
(8) Chris Jericho defeated Val Venis via submission at 6:33. Jericho applied a Boston Crab mid-ring and Venis tapped out.
(9) The Hurricane & Tommy Dreamer defeated Lance Storm & Rosey via pinfall at 8:43. Crowd really got into heckling Lance Storm with the “boring” chant.
(10) Triple H defeated Kevin Nash via pinfall at 8:45 in a No Disqualification Street Fight to retain the World Heavyweight Championship. Randy Orton interfered for Triple H and he and Orton pounded Nash post match until Kane arrived to make the save. Nash and Kane delivered their respective finishers on Triple H and Orton, much to the delight of the crowd.
NOW CHECK OUT THIS PREVIOUS 2003 FLASHBACK: 15 YRS AGO – USA Championship Wrestling (6-13-03): Styles and Bagwell in bar argument, Raven vs. Bagwell, Ray Gordy (w/Michael Hayes) vs. David Flair, Morton vs. Eaton, Duggan vs. Barbarian, Styles vs. Kash