SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
The following article is part of our Weekly Overview Series to help put in perspective major wrestling promotions with a weekly overview, looking at news and roster developments, results, future line-ups, social media activity, key interviews, plus a timely commentary at the end. We will be featuring similar features on other promotions each week and each will be updated weekly.
•Top Stories of the Week
- Dave Meltzer discussed Marty Scurll’s contact status on the most recent Wrestling Observer Radio. Dave is claiming that AEW is the obvious front runner, but that ROH is making a huge play for Scurll. I will discuss this in the commentary section below.
- Jay Lethal has informed ROH that he should be ready to compete at Final Battle. Lethal suffered a fractured arm during ROH’s recent UK tour.
- It has also been reported that Dan Maff has accepted a contract extension.
•Live Event Results
There were no live shows this week.
•Upcoming Major Show(s)
ROH Final Battle
Baltimore, MD at UMBC Arena
- Rush (c) vs. PCO for the ROH World Championship
- The Briscoes (c) vs. Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham for the ROH World Tag-Team Championship
- Mark Haskins vs. Bully Ray in a Street Fight
- ROH Final Battle (PPV) 12/13/19 in Baltimore, MD at the UMBC Event Center
- ROH Final Battle Fallout (TV Taping) in Baltimore, MD at the UMBC Event Center
- ROH Saturday at Center Stage (Honor Club Event) in Atlanta, GA at Center Stage
- ROH Honor Reigns Supreme (Honor Club Event) in Concord, NC at Cabarrus Arena
All current live events are located on rohwrestling.com.
•Latest TV Highlights: 11/3/19 ROH Wrestling
ROH TV Results
November 10th, 2019
New Orleans, LA at UNO Lakefront Arena
Airing on Sinclair Networks and rohwrestling.com
- A recap of Scurll defeating Colt Cabana and PCO defeating Kenny King to get to the semi-final of the #1 contender final is shown.
- The WOH match from Glory by Honor is recapped
- Highlights of The Briscoes & The Hawx from Glory by Honor was shown.
- A Shane Taylor promotion commercial is shown
- Scurll defeating Lethal and PCO defeating Dalton Castle to get to the final of the same #1 contenders tournament is shown
- PCO defeated Marty Scurll at 12:32 to win the #1 contender’s tournament. He will face Rush at Final Battle
I would like to leave you with the title of Harley R. Pageot’s detailed recap of this week’s episode of TV…
“Another pointless episode of the worst wrestling show on TV”
That is all you need to know.
Check out the full detailed recap by Harley R. Pageot at pwtorch.com.
•Social Media Scene
Low stock on an item that is tied to your ROH gimmick is a great sign that ROH’s “big push” to re-sign him is going as poorly as everything else ROH touches.
— Marty Scurll (@MartyScurll) November 12, 2019
ROH keeps looking more and more inept on a weekly basis. On top of all the legitimate negative news coming out about ROH management and Sinclair Broadcasting (ROH’s parent company). When I first heard that ROH was making a big push to resign Marty Scurll, I had one thought…
WHY DID YOU GIVE TAVEN THE BELT AT THE BIGGEST SHOW IN YOUR COMPANY’S HISTORY?
Also, why did you waste literally an entire year of one of the most over wrestlers in the industry? Why was he in curtain-jerking matches for your PPVs? Literally someone who has never watched wrestling could have seen Scurll’s crowd reaction and thought to themselves, “Well, that guy seems popular; let’s use him to sell things.”
I think ROH from 2018-2019 would be an amazing book. All of the bad choices – booking, business, and fan treatment. The Joey Mercury situation, The Elite guys all being under contract while ROH underutilized all of them. So many compelling stories, it would read like fiction.
But there is only one problem. No one would read it because no one cares about ROH.
The kicker to all of this is that I’m sure there will be more news next week that somehow shocks me. How is that even possible? How could they have thought this was a good idea? These are just the thoughts that come to me whenever I type “ROH news” into a google search on a weekly basis. Change, ROH. Please.
Tyler has been a wrestling fan for 20 years. He’s from Columbus, Ohio. His Twitter account is @ringoftyler and he hosts a podcast over at @tandbwrestling.
NOW CHECK OUT OTHER WEEKLY OVERVIEWS HERE.