SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
AEW has announced a six-date summer Canada tour including “Forbidden Door 2.” The following is the full press release.
AEW Announces Massive Six-Show Summer Canadian Tour
Kicking off with the Return of Forbidden Door in Toronto, AEW Will Host Shows in Three Provinces across June and July
March 15, 2023 –AEW CEO, GM, and Head of Creative Tony Khan today announced that AEW will begin a month-long excursion of Canada starting in June, touring across Ontario, Alberta and Saskatchewan for red-hot shows including “AEW: Dynamite,” “AEW: Rampage,” “AEW House Rules,” and the highly anticipated return of the “AEW x New Japan Pro Wrestling: Forbidden Door” PPV.
After selling out the Coca-Cola Coliseum in minutes for AEW’s Toronto debut last October, Scotiabank Centre will play host to the “Forbidden Door” pay-per-view on Sunday, June 25, marking the second iteration of this groundbreaking event that pits the best and brightest talent on the AEW and NJPW rosters against one another. Tickets for “Forbidden Door” go on sale Friday, March 24 at 10 a.m. ET.
From there, AEW’s foray into Canada continues with a number of market debuts and marquee events, including:
• Wednesday, June 28: “AEW: Dynamite” and “AEW: Rampage” live from FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton, Ontario. Tickets go on sale Friday, March 24 at 10 a.m. ET.
• Wednesday, July 5: “AEW: Dynamite” and “AEW: Rampage” live from Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta. Tickets go on sale Friday, March 24 at 10 a.m. MT.
• Wednesday, July 12: “AEW: Dynamite” live from SaskTel Centre in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Tickets go on sale Friday, March 24 at 10 a.m. CT.
• Friday, July 14: “AEW: Rampage” live from Brandt Centre in Regina, Saskatchewan. Tickets go on sale Friday, March 24 at 10 a.m. CT.
• Saturday, July 15: “AEW House Rules” live at Saddledome, as part of Canada’s iconic annual cultural event – “Calgary Stampede,” in Calgary, Alberta. Tickets go on sale Friday, March 17 at 10 a.m. MT.
Tickets can be purchased at AEWTIX.com.
“Canada has a rich wrestling heritage, and our debut in Toronto last year served as a special moment in our incredible relationship with fans throughout the country,” said Tony Khan. “Now, we’re not only entering new markets but also paying homage to the history of Canadian wrestling with unique moments like AEW House Rules taking place from the iconic Calgary Stampede. This summer is shaping up to be massive with the return of Forbidden Door, and now Canadian fans in six separate markets will get the chance to witness what AEW has to offer up close and personal.”
About AEW: Founded by CEO, GM and Head of Creative Tony Khan in 2019, AEW is offering an alternative to mainstream wrestling, with a roster of world-class talent that is injecting new spirit, freshness, and energy into the industry. “AEW: Dynamite” airs every Wednesday from 8-10 p.m. ET on TBS and attracts the youngest wrestling audience on television. The fight-forward show “AEW: Rampage” airs every Friday from 10-11 p.m. ET on TNT. AEW’s multi-platform content also includes “AEW Dark” and “AEW Dark: Elevation,” two weekly professional wrestling YouTube series, “Being the Elite,” a weekly behind-the-scenes YouTube series, and “AEW Unrestricted,” a weekly podcast series. For more info, check out Twitter.com/AEW; Instagram.com/AEW; YouTube.com/AEW; Facebook.com/AEW
Hamilton, sweet! WWE doesn’t come here anymore, and this isn’t a boring Smackdown house show either, this is Dynamite!!!