KELLER & POWELL FLAGSHIP (11/14)
(Search "pwtorch" to subscribe in podcast app)
WWE was featured in the 9:00 p.m. EST hour of SportsCenter Tuesday night on ESPNews. This week, The Miz joined Todd Grisham to discuss a variety of WWE & sports topics.
WWE on SportsCenter Week 3
Airdate: Tuesday, October 27
Host: Todd Grisham (filling in for Jonathan Coachman)
WWE Guest: The Miz
– The Miz and Grisham started with banter about Miz being disappointed that Grisham was interviewing him since Coach was in Kansas City covering the World Series. “They told me I was interviewing Roman Reigns, so we’re both disappointed,” Grisham retorted after listening to Miz’s rant about talking to the second-string interviewer.
– The promotional aspect of this week’s interview was WWE’s new “WWE 2K16” video game. They rolled footage of Miz being intimidated by video game cover star “Stone Cold” Steve Austin during a backstage segment on Raw.
– The interview closed with a discussion of Miz’s marriage to former Diva Maryse. Miz dropped the cocky heel persona talking very glowingly about his wife and being a “lucky guy.”
– During the sports-related discussion of the interview, Miz predicted that “this is the Cleveland Cavaliers’s year” to finally win an NBA Title. The Cavs were kicking off the season against the Chicago Bulls at the time of the interview.
Miz also discussed NFL Fantasy Football. He made a few waiver wire recommendations, especially as it relates to replacing Houston Texans star RB Arian Foster, who is out for the season with an injury.
– Before Miz joined the show, Grisham ran through highlights from Hell in a Cell and Raw the past two days…
– Top Match: Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker at Hell in a Cell.
– Top Backstab: Paige turned on Divas champion Charlotte and Becky Lynch on Raw.
– Top Moment: Kane confronted the Wyatts after they took out The Undertaker at HIAC, but he was carried out
– Top Move: Cesaro Swing on King Barrett into Neville’s Red Arrow at HIAC.
– Top Finish: The conclusion of the fatal four-way #1 contender match between Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens on Raw. Reigns’s Georgia Tech college football background was referenced. The clip closed with a shot of Reigns confronting WWE champion Seth Rollins.