SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
TORCH TODAY – Thursday, November 12
– AUDIO ALERTS: PWTorch editor Wade Keller interviews J.J. Dillon on Thursday’s PWTorch Livecast at 5:00 p.m. EST at PWTorchLivecast.com. … The East Coast Cast airs on Thursday this week. Check out Travis and the ECC gang at 6:30 p.m. EST at EastCoastCast.com.
– Tonight’s WWE Smackdown wraps up the First Round of the WWE Title tournament. Included is Ryback vs. Kalisto, U.S. champion Alberto Del Rio vs. Stardust, and King Barrett vs. Neville. (Smackdown SPOILERS) (Non-Spoiler Match Line-up)
– WWE’s European Tour continues Thursday with Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt in Newcastle, England, and Ric Flair bringing the former Seth Rollins Tour to Bologna, Italy. (Full European Tour Line-ups) … WWE’s NXT brand is on-tour Thursday night in Winter Haven, Florida. (REPORTS WANTED to firstname.lastname@example.org)
– WWE NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS: No new shows today. WWE is replaying this week’s “Breaking Ground” episode throughout the day, plus Wednesday’s NXT and “Table for 3” shows. In the Throwback Thursday department, WWE is airing WCW Nitro vs. WWF Raw from November 27, 1995.
– TravelPulse.com has published a “Travel Guide” for Survivor Series in Atlanta. The article was written by Donald Wood of Ring Rust Radio.
– CMT announced the next season of “Stone Cold” Steve Austin’s “Broken Skull Challenge” will premiere on Sunday, January 3 at 8:00 p.m. EST. The first episode will carry a military theme to honor branches of the U.S. armed forces. The new season is set for 18 episodes as athletes from the military, CrossFit, MMA, powerlifting, and everyday athletes compete on the Skullbuster. The eventual winner will receive $10,000.
– Hulk Hogan is scheduled for a second U.K. appearance this weekend. Hogan is now booked for a meet & greet at the Walkabout Bar in London on Friday night (Nov. 13) from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. This leads into his one-man show Saturday night in Sheffield.
– “The Rock” Dwayne Johnson recently offered support to a Pennsylvania athlete, Matt Klutka, who has been fighting cancer for nearly two years. Rock posted details of the mutually-beneficial conversation on Instagram, which was picked up by the CBS Pittsburgh affiliate.
– New Japan will be airing Genichiro Tenryu’s retirement show live on Monday, November 15 through their New Japan World streaming service. Tenryu faces IWGP World Hvt. champion Kazuchika Okada in the main event of the big show in Tokyo. The full card is at PuroresuSpirit.net.
– Daniel Vidot, the international rugby star who tried out for WWE, has signed a contract with the club in Salford, England after departing Australia. Vidot has been offered a WWE Developmental contract, but will finish out his rugby career before reporting to WWE.
“The WWE guys said most wrestlers don’t start until their late 20s, so time is on my side,” he was quoted. “I told them I am not finished with football yet and they were very understanding with that. I’ll do my time with Salford and eventually make my trip to the States to become a professional wrestler.”
– Chikara is running a “nutty sale” putting their mp4 releases on-sale for 50 percent off through Thursday morning.
Just about an hour left before our FLASH SALE ends! Save 50% off all our MP4 releases right now: https://t.co/bxAXzExdYZ
— chikarapro (@CHIKARApro) November 12, 2015
– Jeff Hardy announced himself as only Jeff Hardy can for the next OMEGA event on November 21 in Smithfield, N.C. Hardy says he’s not sure what he will be doing at the show, but he plans to support his brother Matt Hardy challenging for the OMEGA Title against champion Trevor Lee and fellow challenger Ethan Carter III.