SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
TORCH TODAY – Friday, November 13
– LIVECAST ALERT: PWTorch senior columnist Bruce Mitchell and Travis Bryant of the East Coast Cast wrap up the week in wrestling with your calls & emails at 7:00 p.m. EST at PWTorchLivecast.com.
– Hulk Hogan went on U.K. TV Friday morning to discuss his fall from grace over the summer. Hogan said on ITV’s “This Morning” show that he hopes to return to WWE down the road, but he understands that WWE is in a “politically correct environment.” Hogan added, “They have to do what’s best for business, I understand that.” Hogan’s one-man show is Saturday night in Sheffield, England.
– Dave Bautista is in a new action movie out this weekend. “Heist,” which also stars Robert De Niro, has a limited theatrical release in big markets and is available for purchase on-demand. (Movie Theaters & Download Info at LionsgatePremiere.com.)
– Just in time for two big shows this weekend, Maryland Championship Wrestling announced Friday a new on-demand streaming service. “MCW Rage” is available at MCWRageTV.com featuring video of their top shows with big-names such as Ric Flair, Booker T, Mick Foley, Mickie James, Matt Hardy, Colt Cabana, and new WWE signee Patrick Clark.
The streaming service is available for $4.99 per-month through the end of 2015. MCW plans to add new content regularly going through their library of shows.
– Today marks the 10th anniversary of Eddie Guerrero’s death at the age of 38. It’s a difficult day for his family, friends, and wrestling fans because of who Eddie was, the personal struggles he overcame before his untimely death, and his excellence in the ring. May his legacy live on…
– WWE’s European Tour continues Friday with Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt heading to Nottingham, England and the Dean Ambrose/Kane tour in Leipzig, Germany. (European Tour Line-ups) … WWE’s NXT brand is in Orlando. All of the champions are advertised, but NXT champion Finn Balor and Women’s champion Bayley have been on the European Tour. (REPORTS WANTED to firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Ring of Honor begins Survival of the Fittest Weekend Friday night in Milwaukee. Included are a series of SOTF Qualifying matches, plus The Kingdom defends the ROH Tag Titles against ReDragon. (Full Weekend Line-ups)
– A huge weekend of independent wrestling begins Friday with Ric Flair and Mickie James at Maryland Championship Wrestling, House of Hardcore in Philadelphia, Bret Hart, the Hardys, and Rey Mysterio at Northeast Wrestling. Plus, Bullet Club in West Virginia and Chaotic Wrestling in Massachusetts. (Full Weekend Line-up & Matches)
– Be sure to listen to Mickie James’s interview on Wednesday’s PWTorch Livecast with Pat McNeill and J.J. Dillon’s interview with Wade Keller on Thursday’s Livecast if you have not already. Mickie offered some really interesting insight on the “Divas Revolution” and how “Total Divas” affects the perception of women’s wrestlers. (Available on-demand at PWTorchLivecast.com)
– WWE NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS: This week’s episode of WWE Superstars is early-released at 3:00 p.m. EST, then released in its regular timeslot at 8:00 p.m. EST.
– New Japan Pro Wrestling is on AXS TV at 9:00 p.m. EST with Kenny Omega vs. Ryusuke Taguchi for the IWGP Jr. Hvt. Title and Bullet Club vs. Goto & Shibata for the IWGP Tag Titles.
– Japanese star Go Shiozaki is returning to NOAH on November 20 in Tokyo. Shiozaki has not wrestled in a NOAH ring in over three years after wrestling mainly for All-Japan.
– Shawn Michaels is not scheduled for any upcoming WWE appearances. Asked on Twitter if he is booked for any more live tours, Michaels replied, “Not that I’m aware of.” Michaels is scheduled for the Big Event in New York on Saturday.
– Neville gave a wrestler’s perspective on the injury to Seth Rollins, who Neville nearly beat for the WWE Title on Raw over the summer. “I personally haven’t spoken to him yet, but it obviously has rocked the locker room and it’s been a big shock for all of us. But we’ll roll with the punches, that’s what we do, and Seth will be back,” Neville told The Mirror promoting the current European Tour.
Neville also discussed the rise of NXT, teaming with Stephen Amell at Summerslam, and trying to advance in the WWE Title tournament. “I’m always looking for an opportunity and if an opportunity like that comes my way, I’m more than prepared to smash it! That’s all I want,” Neville said of the tournament. Neville faces Kevin Owens in the quarter-finals next week on WWE TV.
– A team of TV investigative reporters looked into a ticket snafu for the Smackdown TV taping in Phoenix in October. A mom bought tickets for her son’s 12th birthday through OnlineCityTickets.com and the tickets turned out to be dubious. The ticket website did not help and did not answer requests from the Arizona TV station. The investigators reached out to WWE, who issued a statement: “The arena box office and Ticketmaster are the safest, most secure and only authorized destinations to purchase tickets for WWE events at Talking Stick Resort Arena.”
– The James Bond movie “Spectre” featuring Dave Bautista is expected to retain the #1 spot at the box office this weekend. A handful of new releases, including the inspiring “My All American” football movie, are predicted to fall in-line behind Spectre and last weekend’s “Peanuts” movie.