WADE KELLER PODCAST - Royal Rumble preview with Sam Roberts
(Search "wade keller" to subscribe in podcast app or CLICK HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.)
TORCH TODAY – Monday, November 30
– WWE has to find a way to rebound from last week’s 2.16 TV rating. They get a reprieve from tonight’s Monday Night Football match-up, but they did not build much momentum with last week’s show. Last Monday was more about one-off country music skits and trying to fit a square peg in a round hole with Roman Reigns’s underdog story mimicking the Daniel Bryan run from two years ago. WWE is lacking short-term fixes outside of a big John Cena return or a publicity stunt. Neither will not address the long-term issues with three-hour Raws.
– WWE NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS: WWE is airing the 2011 TLC PPV throughout the morning and early afternoon. The Raw Pre-Show is at 7:30 p.m. EST, then a new episode of “Breaking Ground” airs after Raw.
– There was some great independent and international wrestling over the weekend, with big developments and title matches. Read the Results in the Events Center. Also, check out great coverage of the weekend at PWPonderings.com.
– Barring last-minute additions to the December calendar, TNA and Global Force Wrestling have wrapped up their 2015 schedule. GFW had a big presence at WrestleCade on Friday and Saturday. Meanwhile, TNA last ran at Bound for Glory in October. GFW’s Jeff Jarrett noted earlier this month on Twitter that GFW staff was holding meetings to plan 2016 live events.
– New WWE World Hvt. champion Sheamus continues to endorse NXT champion Finn Balor, a fellow Irishman champion. Sheamus shouted out to Balor last week on ESPN SportsCenter and they were on the main roster house show tour over the weekend.
— Sheamus (@WWESheamus) November 30, 2015
– Divas champion Charlotte is publicly campaigning to bring back the Women’s Title. Responding to a WWE website article on which title should be brought back, Charlotte simply tweeted back “Women’s.”
– And, finally, several WWE wrestlers appeared out-of-character in a new edition of WWE’s YouTube sub-channel, “UpUpDownDown.” Xavier Woods and The Miz battled over a game of Street Fighter while Bray Wyatt (most notably), brother Bo Dallas, Damien Sandow, Heath Slater, Neville, Brain Strowman, Titus O’Neil, and Kofi Kingston hung out in the background watching. Alicia Fox also made a quick cameo mid-play.