WWE HELL IN A CELL POST-SHOW - LIVE CALLERS INSTANT BACKLASH...
(Search "pwtorch" to subscribe in podcast app)
Progress Wrestling Chapter 23 Results
November 29, 2015
Camden, London, England
Report by Robert Leigh, PWTorch correspondent
Tickets for the 700 capacity show at the Electric Ballroom sold out in 90 minutes after being put on sale in October, even before the card was announced.
That now makes 25 shows in a row – every chapter show, plus both SSS16 shows and the 2014 World Cup show – that has been a sell out for PROGRESS.
(1) Dave Mastiff finished off Eddie Dennis with a Bastard Bomb in the first of two pre-show matches taped for an unspecified TV projec.
(2) Chuck Mambo & Pastor Bill Eaver beat Darrell Allen & Earl Black, Jr.
(3) Rampage Brown pinned Big Daddy Walter following a piledriver in a thumping bout in which a turnbuckle fell apart following a volley of Irish whips.
(4) Damon Moser snatched the pin on Shen Woo in a three-way Natural Progression Series match for ProJo trainees in which Jack Sexsmith spent most of the match with his backside hanging out. Sexsmith was also swinging around a dildo like Bruiser Brody with a chain and attempted to subdue Woo with ‘Mr. Cocko,’ a condom of unconfirmed freshness.
(5) Mark Haskins submitted Paul Robinson with a bridging armbar in a great match.
(6) Marty Scurll beat Tommaso Ciampa with a cord-assisted chicken wing. Ciampa had ripped up a corner of the ring to expose the boards underneath the canvas – but Scurll stayed ahead of the super-popular Psycho Killer, who he had jumped at the outset, and choked him out.
(7) The Origin’s Nathan Cruz & El Ligero beat The Sumerian Death Squad’s Tommy End & Michael Dante and London Riots in a three-team match to capture the Progress Tag Titles. The Origin won following a cricket bat smash from the Riots’s James Davis that brought about Tommy’s end.
(8) Zack Gibson tapped out Morgan Webster with the Shankly Gates, assuming former NPS winner Webster’s title shot
(9) Will Ospreay beat Mark Andrews to retain the PROGRESS Title with an incredible 630 splash. Ospreay and Andrews continued their star-marking rivalry and eclipsed their previous show-stealing introduction at Chapter Four, as well as their superb bout at BOLA 2015. The story behind their stunning series is below.
[ FYI: PROGRESS debuts in Manchester at The Ritz next SUNDAY, December 6, with Zack Sabre, Jr. vs. Tommaso Ciampa and Will Ospreay defending against Zack Gibson. ]