SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
The Week of November 23 was not a good week for pro wrestling. Nearly one million fewer viewers watching the main shows of WWE Raw, WWE Smackdown, TNA Impact, and ROH TV than the previous week.
This was mainly due to Smackdown’s audience falling off the table on Thanksgiving and poor Raw viewership, especially in the third hour.
Notable for the Nov. 23 Raw – the episode following Survivor Series – there was not much of a DVR bump to make up for the least-watched Raw in about 18 years.
Even the third hour of Raw, which only drew 2.712 million live viewers, drew fewer DVR views than the previous week’s third hour. More to Follow…
Overall Viewership – WWE Raw, WWE Smackdown, TNA Impact, ROH TV (Week of Nov. 23)
– Live Viewership Pie: 5.067 million live viewers, down nearly one million from 5.915 million live viewers last week.
To put this in perspective, the post-WrestleMania Raw earlier this year drew 5.363 million viewers. (It was also the last time Raw topped a 3.0 rating.) That episode alone topped the entire week of pro wrestling.
– Live & DVR Pie: 5.732 million total viewers, down from 6.624 million total viewers last week.
– WWE Raw (Monday, November 23): Raw averaged 2.964 million live viewers, down about 320,000 viewers from 3.292 million live viewers leading into Survivor Series.
Live+DVR viewership was 3.311 million viewers, down about 350,000 viewers from 3.667 million total viewers last week.
There just was not a significant bump in viewership to make up for the poor live viewing, including in the third hour…
- Raw First Hour: 3.190 million live viewers + 302,000 DVR viewers for 3.492 million total
- Raw Second Hour: 2.990 million live + 333,000 DVR viewers for 3.323 million total
- Raw Third Hour: 2.712 million live + 406,000 DVR viewers for 3.118 million total
- Last Week’s Third Hour: 3.292 million live + 416,000 DVR viewers for 3.463 million total
– TNA Impact (Wednesday, Nov. 25): Impact drew 234,000 live viewers, up from 202,000 first-run viewers last week.
However, DVR views was only 27,000, compared to 66,000 last week.
Impact also drew 76,000 replay/West Coast viewers after the final ROH TV airing, which is about what the show drew last week.
Add it up to 337,000 total viewers, down from 346,000 total viewers last week.
– ROH TV (Wednesday, Nov. 25): The final episode on Destination America drew 141,000 viewers in the 11:00 p.m. EST timeslot after Impact, up from 114,000 last week.
– WWE Smackdown (Thursday, Nov. 26): Smackdown drew 1.652 million viewers on Thanksgiving, down from 2.229 million live viewers last week.
Smackdown did not get a significant DVR bump to make up for such a big gap. Smackdown added 291,000 DVR views, compared to 268,000 last week.
Smackdown’s total audience was 1.943 million, down about 500,000 viewers from last week’s total of 2.497 million.
THIS WEEK’S VIEWERSHIP CHART BREAK DOWN…
Leave a Reply