SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
TORCH TODAY – Tuesday, December 22
– It was a tight vote on Twitter, but most PWTorch followers believe Raw will fall below a 2.5 rating this week, not carrying over the season-high 2.66 rating from last week’s post-TLC episode.
We also have a tight race for Best Match of last night’s Raw. Cast your vote below.
– Tuesday Events Center: Live Smackdown line-up, TNA on Pop TV, Big Show on SportsCenter, more.
– John Cena has laid out a challenge for Monday’s Raw in Brooklyn, N.Y. when he returns to WWE TV for the first time since October.
Ok interweb, you know the when and where, fire up the vortex of disdain, make sure to bring your A game to #RAW I'll bring the potato salad
— John Cena (@JohnCena) December 22, 2015
– WWE is actually selling replica Slammy Awards. The price tag? $149, down from $199.
– Global Force Wrestling co-founder Jeff Jarrett did not reveal many details on GFW’s 2016 plans in a new interview with TodaysKnockout.com. Jarrett said they are planning to continue the outdoor baseball shows in 2016, though. Asked about when wrestling fans will be able to see the GFW TV shows, Jarrett replied, “You stay tuned in 2016. The strategy we are going to roll out in the first quarter of 2016 is very exciting. Stay tuned.”
Jarrett closed the interview: “At the end of the day, a business is either a success or not based on the bottom line. As we go into the Grand Slam Tour of 2016, and we got other live events we’ll be announcing and other tapings. Our social media will continue to grow. Just all parameters that you can work in professional wrestling. We want to continue to grow our fanbase. At the end of the day, try and do things different… We got some unique opportunities that we’re discussing, as far as presenting different styles of wrestling in 2016. We got a bunch of unique different things that we’re looking forward to sharing.”
– Total Wrestling Magazine released a quote from Matt Hardy on giving up the TNA Hvt. Title after Bound for Glory. “In a perfect world, I would’ve loved to have defended the belt and been a great fighting champion. The fans deserve that. The reality is that the belt had to be given up so we could do this world title series,” Hardy said. “It is what it is; but that moment when I won the belt made it all worthwhile.” (Magazine available HERE)
– Wrestling author Irv Muchnick of ConcussionInc.net published a preview of the new “Concussion” movie due out Friday, including the roles of all the players involved in the movie, both on-screen and behind-the-scenes.
– WWE has tweaked their 2016 DVD release schedule, reports WrestlingDVDNetwork.com. Notably, the “Best of NXT” release has been shifted to mid-March.
– The latest “Canvas 2 Canvas” episode from wrestling artist Rob Schamberger features his painting of Dean Ambrose.