SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
TORCH TODAY – Thursday, April 7, 2016
– John Cena is making the media rounds on ESPN programming today continuing to promote “American Grit” premiering next Thursday on Fox.
— John Cena (@JohnCena) April 7, 2016
– Jim Ross published a new blog at jrsbarbq.com recapping his busy WrestleMania Weekend, including his live experience for NXT: Takeover, watching WM32 in his hotel room, and numerous other Mania Weekend topics.
Ross gave high praise to Takeover: “Thoroughly enjoyed myself at WWE NXT Takeover Dallas on Friday night and it was one of the most enjoyable evenings that I’ve ever spent at a pro wresting show. Loved the booking and the unfiltered effort from the talents who took the ring.”
— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) April 7, 2016
– Shane McMahon checked in on Twitter with thankfulness for his match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania.
— Shane McMahon (@shanemcmahon) April 7, 2016
– Another note on the WrestleMania crowd issues at AT&T Stadium in Arlington/Dallas, Texas from reader Martin in the U.K. … The stadium was staffed with a combination of WWE’s own event staff and regular staffers. However, many full-time stadium staff were down in Houston for the Final Four happening the same weekend. The combination of WWE’s staff unfamiliar with the building, under-staffed AT&T Stadium regulars, and rounded 100,000 people trying to get inside contributed to the difficult process.
– Rusev talked to The Mirror publication promoting the post-WM32 U.K. tour later this month. Rusev talked about taking a Stunner from “Stone Cold” Steve Austin at WrestleMania, winning his first WM match with League of Nations against New Day, The Wyatts – or “those Santa Claus looking guys” – attacking them on Raw, Lana’s debut match, and more topics.
“Oh, I was very proud. She looked amazing, she looked stunning. She was a bit nervous beforehand and I was trying to calm her down, which is totally understandable, when you have your first match at WrestleMania, the grandest stage of them all. But she handled it so well, she is so professional. She is just great. She went out there and she showcased to the world that she is going to be one of the best Divas and she is going to just get better and better. She is going to take over the Women’s Division very soon. Yeah, I showed her all these kicks, I trained her. That’s a Lana Land kick,” Rusev told Neil Docking for The Mirror.
– Former WWE star Charlie Haas’s father, Charles Haas, died at the age of 68 on Sunday after a battle with cancer. Charles served in various U.S. government branches for over 45 years. (Obituary)
– VIDEO: Hannibal TV released an on-camera interview with Paul Heyman from WrestleMania Friday. Heyman goofed off pretending to get on his phone at the start of the interview before hyping Brock Lesnar. Asked if Lesnar will get his WWE Title shot after WrestleMania, Heyman said he hopes the champion is willing to take on Lesnar. Heyman played up the idea of having a difficult time finding opponents for Lesnar.